The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education throughout Pakistan to improve the reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
The PPP officer will support the Policy & System Coordinator KP, central level PPP Specialist and Senior Manager PPP in achieving the objective of the PPP sub component of the project. This will involve, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Facilitate Policy and System Coordinator in different activities including, coordination with different stakeholders, managing events, conducting studies, report writing and other tasks assigned to him/her.
- Work with private sector, and government stakeholders and PRP team to ensure optimal design and timely and successful implementation of the PPP work plan;
- Identify potential PPP actors / partners such as; private local and international organizations, associations, foundations, media companies and international development organizations, who are already working or are willing to work in the education sector;
- Identification of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and social development programs in the country targeted towards primary and secondary education;
- Support in PPP Capacity Building of potential PRP partners (local and provincial government, private sector players etc.) in designing, developing assessing, implementing, monitoring partnership programs, with focus on reading.
- Facilitate in launching an advocacy campaign (for social investments, and community involvement in educational services with focus on prompting reading culture)
- Make sure that PRP contribute in-cash and in-kind in cost share by leveraging resources and advancing the education agenda and bring on board corporate partners to support the project.
- Coordinate with Lions Club and other organizations in implementing the joint initiatives taken by them and PRP.
- Assist in engaging the private sector, foundations, and other private entities to promote a culture of private support to improve reading outcomes in Pakistan;
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Policy and System Coordinator
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Public Private Partnership Specialist
Education: Masters’ degree in Public Policy / Development / Management / Education or related field.
Work Experience: At least 3 years of work experience, and demonstrated experience in public and private sectors and building partnerships, preferably in the education sector
· Experience in stakeholder consultation, working with professional associations, and supporting policy initiatives
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Preferably good relationship with private/corporate sector players, philanthropists, chamber of commerce, entrepreneurs in Pakistan
- Experience in managing and conducting training and supervision
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Local Language would be consider as an additional assist