This is to inform all that some fraudsters are using fake identities, pretending to represent Pakistan Reading Project and posting fake job vacancies on online job portals and sending fake interview calls through e-mails and letters. Pakistan Reading Project only uses the [email protected] email address to send job related emails. Any communication received from a domain other than @pakreading.org DOES NOT represent official communications from Pakistan Reading Project. Please ignore any such communication.
Program Background Summary:
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a five-year project with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor provides leadership and guidance related to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for the Pakistan Reading Project. S/he ensures the effective development, implementation, management of the MEL Plan and framework.
The Senior MEL Advisor reports to the Chief of Party and will have overall responsibility for providing quantitative and qualitative monitoring across PRP programming highlighting and analyzing key outputs, outcomes, and impact of PRP activities. Specific responsibilities include:
· Serve as the main point of contact with implementers, beneficiaries, and stakeholders in matters concerning MEL
· Lead PRP Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities including: planning and implementation, data collection, preparing data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports and assessing progress towards project objectives
· Lead the effort in institutional learning by building on and developing systematic monitoring and evaluation practices to ensure quality of management and operations of PRP programs
· Manage and refine cutting edge quantitative data collection systems that facilitate project reporting
· Strengthen and manage internal systems for effective and efficient program and project monitoring and reporting, both internal and for the donor and Partners
· Support regional MEL Teams to develop and refine designs for tracking progress, compiling and storing data, developing reports with appropriate formats, graphs, and tables against indicators
· Lead revisions and development of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Performance Plan (MELP/Performance Management Plan (PMP) according to modifications from USAID
· Monitor technical trends and issues and recommend project responses as needed
· Share project MEL learning with the project team and its stakeholders
· Support Communications and Outreach Department with ideas and materials to promote PRP assessments and M & E functions
· Travel to field assignments to ensure compliance for cohort close-out, for Passive start-up, for cohort start-up, M & E system development, Supplementary Materials Field-test, supervising evaluation and operations research, assessments, data analysis and other activities as planned
· Participate actively in USAID Implementing Partners M & E Working Group and professional associations to expand PRPs knowledge
· Other duties as assigned
· A Master’s degree, preference with international development, program evaluation, or related area.
· 10-12 years’ relevant experience at the national or international level managing and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and assessment activities.
· Experience should reflect a competency in a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods.
· Experience of managing and delivering training and capacity building to staff with differing skills and abilities.
· Experience in the usage of computers and data analysis packages (for example: SPSS),
· Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
· Understanding of USAID M&E systems and experience in managing M&E under USAID funded projects is a must.
Key Skills & Competencies
· Strong written and oral presentation skills in English and Urdu, strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Strong understanding and use of statistics for M & E procedures and instruments
· Demonstrated knowledge of USAID reporting standards and M & E tools such as Performance Management Plans, Results Framework, and Data Quality Assessment.
· A team player that will support and strengthen team performance and reporting
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project, implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a seven-year project (2013-2020) with the objective to support the provincial and regional departme ...Read More