The SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure Data Integrity so that it can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur on call or on weekends from home.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to proactively/Reactively monitor the Database system, may include emails to DBA, relevant teams and other Stack Holders.
- Implementation of High Availability of Data (HA) techniques, to minimize Recovery Time and to avoid Data Loss may include Replication, Mirroring etc.
- User Access Control strategy for accessing Production/Reporting environment.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
- Maintain the Data required for Audit Purpose and fulfill the Audit Requirements.
- Implementation of New Policies related to Database.
- Formulate a strategy for Disaster Recovery related to Database and to assist the team in disaster recovery if necessary
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas
- Develops a security scheme for the database environment
- Routine Maintenance of Database to fully utilize the system resources and to avoid system Bottlenecks.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications will be a plus