The purpose of the assignment is to do a detailed review of the goods and commodities covered by the respective legislation (Act, rules, regulations) of the ‘Other Government Authorities’ (OGAs) for the purpose of regulating international trade, and to convert them into (Harmonized Commodity) HS codes as per the HS. Based on the work done, a detailed ITEMS shall be developed and incorporated in the NSW (National single window).
- Identification and (Harmonized Commodity) HS classification of all goods and commodities covered under the ‘Other Government Authorities’ (OGAs) legislation as per the Pakistan Customs Tariff (PCT);
- Develop advice and recommendations on classification of goods into new (Harmonized Commodity) HS codes beyond 8-digit level currently used by the PCT to facility NSW (National single window) operations;
- Preparation of spread sheets covering each tariff line in Pakistan Customs Tariff clearly indicating:
i.Regulatory requirement under import/export prohibitions, restrictions, conditions as notified by the federal government or its authorized regulatory authorities or bindings under any international convention/agreement,
ii.All federal and provincial levies charged at import and export stage including customs duty, regulatory duty, additional customs duty, federal excise duty, sales tax, advance income tax etc.
iii. Concessionary rates under different regimes including free and preferential trade agreements.
iv. Tariff quotas.
v. Anti-dumping duties and countervailing duties.
vi. Valuation rulings.
vii. Quantitative limits.
viii. Exemptions from Customs duty and other taxes.
ix. Any other regulatory requirement related to imports, exports and transit trade.
- Preferably recently retired customs officer extensive experience in tariff classification and the (Harmonized Commodity) HS.
- Experience of working in paperless Customs Clearance System.
- Extensive experience with, and knowledge of, the Pakistan Customs Act and other relevant national and international regulations and practices;
- Familiarity with trade environment and WeBoc nosiness processes.
- Experience of working with complex, multi-system environments in public sector.
- Previous experience of working on IT development and integration in a NSW (National single window) environment will be considered an asset.
- Consultant must have relevant 16 years of education degree from recognized university preferably in computer Science, Information Technology, IT Management or equivalent.
- Consultant must have strong written and verbal skills in English and preferably Urdu.
- Knowledge of business practices of trade regulating agencies and customs.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.