The CEO will be responsible for the overall management and supervision of PSW and achievement of its stated objectives. He/she will be responsible to ensure that the PSW system is developed and implemented as per the project timelines and in accordance with global best practices. He/she will also be responsible for creating and nurturing a conducive environment for technological innovation, reforms, and development of IT based solutions for trade facilitation.
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to the company including development of strategies, budgets, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, ethics and legal compliances, and reporting in realizing the company’s vision, mission, and goals;
- Represent management in the Board of Directors and the Pakistan Single Window Governing Council;
- Keep the Board and other stakeholders informed of the Company’s activities, identify problems and challenges that need intervention by the Board or the Governing Council;
- Pursue global best practices on company management and administration and encourage and facilitate technological innovation and research in its core activities;
- Provide general oversight of the Company, manage its daily operations and ensure a smoothly functioning efficient and effective organization;
- Ensure the Company’s compliance with all applicable legal, financial, reporting and audit laws and regulations;
- Ensure program quality and organizational stability through regular monitoring and evaluation, implementation of internally accepted administrative and operational standards and controls, systems and procedures;
- Ensure alignment of the Company’s operations with its strategic objectives through development of the annual strategic and business plans;
- Develop annual financial plans and ensure their implementation;
- Oversee the fiscal activities of the Company including budgeting, financial management, reporting, and audits;
- Supervise the financial affairs of the Company and ensure safeguarding all assets of the Company on behalf of the shareholders;
- Explore business development opportunities consistent with the Company’s vision, mission, and stated objectives for implementation of tech-based solutions for facilitation of cross border trade and transport;
- Be responsible and accountable for the management and performance of the Company before the stakeholders;
- Develop and implement key performance indicators/targets for the Company staff including the executive positions and ensure a conducive environment for the achievement of these KPIs;
- Encourage employee engagement in Company activities and foster an open and safe work environment for employees to ensure recruitment/retention of quality staff;
- Act as an advocate and chief spokesperson for the Company before all relevant public and private sector stakeholders in matters connected to the Pakistan Single Window and other company activities; and
- Initiate, maintain, and promote cooperative relationships with the Board, and key stakeholders from the public and private sector.
Interested candidates having relevant qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply along with guidelines mentioned on SECP website, Public Sector companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines 2015:-
1. Application form for the post of Chief Executive of Public Sector Company ‘duly filled in and signed by the candidate in the format as prescribed in Annexure “A” to the Public Sector companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines 2015, to demonstrate his/her fitness and propriety for the position of the chief executive.
2. Copies of the degrees/testimonials, duly verified by the Higher Education Commission or the professional body or association, whichever is relevant, shall also be provided along with the application.
3. The applicant shall also submit a declaration on a non-judicial stamp paper of requisite value, as per Annexure “B” to Public Sector companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines 2015, that he/she is not ineligible to act as a chief executive, in accordance with these Guidelines.