Pakistan Single Window (PSW) primarily focuses on integrating and strengthening trade related government-to-government (G2G) and business-to-government (B2G) interactions, but at the same time it also incorporates logistics management system. The PSW is a collaborative effort led by Pakistan Customs but involving multiple public and private sector stakeholders including regulatory authorities, traders, freight forwarders, banks, terminal operators, and transporters etc.
In order to create greater buy-in and widespread voluntary adoption among various stakeholders, PSW is looking to hire Head of Marketing & Communication for appropriate marketing and promotional mix such as advertising, public relations, direct marketing, and services promotion etc. to reach target audiences and ensure a high awareness of the services provided through PSW.
In order for the PSW to share progress, communicate with relevant stakeholders, highlight its achievements and plan future initiatives in a planned manner, it needs to hire the services of a suitable Head of Marketing & Communication. He/she will have to ensure that communications strategies, media relations and organizational outreach efforts are aligned with corporate communications policies and initiatives. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the system is widely adopted by the community and to develop plans for suitable communication campaigns, seminars well before the system is rolled out. He/she will also be responsible for managing and providing direction to the PSW on developing marketing programs like mass campaigns, mass mailing, road shows, events etc. The Head of Marketing & Communication will be leading a team comprising of social media specialist, press relation officer, technical content writers, and other roles added from time to time with the approval of the management.
Major objectives of this role are as follows:
· To plan, prepare and implement an action plan on communication strategy for the project;
· To promote participation of all the stakeholders in the project for sustainability;
· To develop awareness and training material based on the need assessment of targeted audiences and relevant stakeholders and ensure that it reaches out to all relevant stakeholders through different communication channels; and
· To document project progress reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ultimate task of Head of Marketing & Communication is to develop and implement a Communications Strategy for the project, coordinate the design and implementation of an Integrated Information System and formulate a Multi-Stakeholder Participation Plan. Following are the key responsibilities: -
· Support the development of a communications strategy, stakeholder engagement plan and information dissemination mechanisms for the project including information on objectives, audiences, messages, resources, timescales, tools and activities;
· Design, develop, and implement communication and outreach/advocacy strategies, including media strategies and developing digital platforms (print, electronic, website, social and other media) and integrate these into proposals for the project;
· Develop and produce communication and advocacy instruments and all promotional materials, including briefing materials, press releases, brochures, flyers and articles and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels;
· Prepare regular press/media releases to ensure high visibility of the project;
· Carry out communication need assessment of different stakeholder groups;
· Develop user-friendly and high quality Information, Education and Communication (IEC) material (such as handouts, posters, brochures, video documentary films and photo documentation, success stories booklet etc.) in Urdu and English for communication of the project activities to relevant public and private stakeholders;
· Regularly monitor and analyze mass media and put up reports/rejoinders;
· Ensure the implementation of communication plans including event planning and management, drafting content and key messages using various formats and media and packaging communication material appropriate to local context and nuances;
· Prepare a communications tool kit for use by the project team;
· Ensure a smooth flow of communication among members of PMO, PSW, international experts/consultants, non-key experts, and other concerned OGAs/private stakeholders.
· Conduct communication needs assessments, including projects, programs and corporate change initiatives;
· Lead the engagement and supervision of advertising agencies and other outsourcing communication specialists to produce communication materials (audio/ visual material) and media campaigns.
· Lead relationship building with press in country; maintain and update database of relevant press and to respond timely and clearly to media inquiries and information requests;
· Organize roundtable discussions, press conferences, and briefing sessions with the press;
· Prepare annual work plan for workshops, trainings, meetings and seminars that will be conducted regularly and who will be the targeted groups and organize all the logistics related to these events and increase the circle of participation within different sectors;
· Manage the PSW website and the Trade Information Portal content, including uploading of media materials, through the Typo content management system;
· Update project website with the communication material and newsletters prepared;
· Develop and manage the PSW’s Facebook and Twitter Accounts as well as possible other networking platforms;
· Liaise with journalists, business writers, and counterparts in the development community to ensure widespread coverage of relevant events and projects;
· Support the development of new communication products, including an e-newsletter, corporate brochures and an update of the website, articles and other communication vehicles, including social media;
· Organize design, editing and publishing of at least bi-monthly project publications/ newsletters on project progress and forth-coming activities;
· Develop and deliver a national awareness campaign to promote PSW featuring TV Commercials, radio and print advertising and a key messaging brief; and
· Anticipate and act upon any additional communication related needs as and when they arise.
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Competencies:
· Ten years plus relevant work experience in marketing, communications, print, media, preferably with a well reputed company;
· Demonstrated experience in the field of marketing, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations, and media releases of multi-disciplinary projects;
· Masters or Bachelors degree in relevant field (Marketing, Media, Management, etc.) from HEC recognized University or preferably from a foreign University.
· Proven budget management experience and have outstanding communication, networking and negotiation skills;
· Ability to see and communicate the big picture having creative skills and data driven mentality.
· Possess experience in designing marketing campaigns and slogans with hands-on skills on brand awareness and product adoption.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills;
· Possess demonstrated and extensive social media experience;
Base of Operation:
Islamabad, Pakistan, with occasional traveling to Karachi and other major cities.
Pakistan Single Window (PSW) is an ICT-based system in Pakistan providing a single window for trade. PSW is a facility that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standardized information and documents at a single-entry point to fulfill all import, export, and transit-related regulatory requirements. If information is electronic, then individual data elements need to be submitted only once. PSW will connect relevant government departments with each other and with economic operators like importers, exporters, customs agents, shipping agents, transporters etc, in Pakistan for efficient management of cross border trade. It will provide the ease and transparency in achieving compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, through an on-line facility, that will intelligently handle the information for each transaction without the need to provide same information more than once or to physically visit such government departments. Pakistan has committed to implement various provisions of World Trade Organization’s (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement that includes implementation of a National Single Window (NSW) system before February, 2022. Pakistan also needs PSW implementation to overhaul management of its external trade for reducing time, cost and complexity involved to improve its position in various global rankings on competitiveness and ease of doing business. Guiding vision and mission objectives: VISION: Pakistan will establish a world-class automated hub by 2022, offering services and creating efficiencies, to reduce cross border trade related costs, time and complications for improved trade facilitation and compliance. MISSION: Improve cross-border trader processing by providing centralized ICT based services, simplified processes, effective and reliable automation, harmonized data exchange and risk-based selectivity in enforcement of government’s regulations.