Using consumer statistics, like income information, buying trends and value perceptions, retail marketing managers develop promotional strategies that can help companies meet their financial goals. Retail marketing managers work behind the scenes at retail companies to ensure products sell well and that the company hits its overall sales goals. While retail marketing managers may occasionally visit stores, they typically spend the bulk of their time working at company headquarters in an office setting. This tends to be a fast-paced job that requires creative thinking and meeting tight deadlines.
· Contribute in the implementation of marketing strategies
· Support the marketing manager in overseeing the department’s operations
· Organize and attend marketing activities or events to raise brand awareness
· Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of media (social, print etc.)
· Liaise with stakeholders and vendors to promote success of activities and enhance the company’s presence
· See all ventures through to completion and evaluate their success using various metrics
· Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution
· Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth
· Collaborate with managers in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses
Market research – retail marketing managers are proficient at researching the market to identify current trends. They can analyze other companies’ marketing campaigns and understand what is successful about those campaigns
Campaign management – additionally, retail marketing managers must manage multiple campaigns at once, which involves a high amount of organization and multitasking
Pitching strategy – retail marketing managers build and deliver quality pitches to upper management and other involved parties. They’re also able to recognize how they can improve future pitches
Collaboration – marketing departments rely heavily on collaboration between other internal departments. As such, retail marketing managers should be able to collaborate and encourage their team to collaborate
Leadership skills – since retail marketing managers lead a group of specialists, they’re efficient team managers with a talent for conflict resolution
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.