Pamir Ecological Farm is hiring a full-time Farm Manager to manage an indoor hydroponic facility in Khorog,Tajikistan. The Farm Manager will oversee and manage all aspects of plant health and nutrition on a medium scale, multiple green house operation. The Farm Manager will lead a team of workers in all aspects of a Hydroponics farm operation including planning, execution, and management of the hydroponic farm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage operation of the indoor hydroponic farm as guided by company’s best practices including nutrient management, water quality, media and cultivar selection, pest management, and environmental controls in crop producing grow rooms.
- Organize and oversee farm planning and operation including crop schedules, staffing needs, workflow, supply acquisition, product distribution, and customer support.
- Assess plant health during all growth stages including identification of nutrient deficiency or toxicity, disease, or pest interference as well as propose treatments or modifications based on industry best practices.
- Manage product quality based on plant tissue and nutrient analysis.
- Maintain food safety standards by following production protocols, conducting necessary sampling, interpreting testing results, and maintaining records.
- Quantify and qualify data that is produced from computer CEA systems, special sensors, and monitoring equipment.
- Maintain exceptional sanitation and organization standards for facility and equipment.
- Conduct minor facility maintenance and troubleshoot problems as necessary.
- Support executive team to determine staffing needs, recruiting, and hiring process.
- Communicate effectively with a team to overcome challenges and accomplish tasks needed to achieve company goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master Grower Certification, and/or other educational and field experience related to the horticultural Industry related to plant physiology, plant biology, or other agricultural fields of study.
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience preferably in commercial crop production.
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of plant science and nutrients.
- Knowledge of hydroponic systems and horticulture equipment such as multi-zone, computer controlled climate systems.
- Capable of performing routine management with the ability to make equipment repair or notify proper personnel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to anticipate problems, plan ahead, troubleshoot, and problem solve.
- Able and interested in learning new technologies.
- Experience farming/growing in a controlled environment related to indoor greenhouse hydroponic farming a plus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with hours being Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Accomodation and transportation is provided once accepted.