- Direct Supervisor:
- Regular Full-time
- Karachi based office
Pathfinder Overview: PathfinderInternationalisagloballeaderinsexualandreproductivehealth.Weplacereproductivehealthcareatthecenterofallthatwedo—believingthatitisnotonlyafundamentalhumanright,butiscriticalforexpandinglifeopportunitiesforwomen,families,communities,andnations,andpavingthewayfortransformationsinenvironmentalstewardship,decreasesinpopulationpressures,andinnovationsinpovertyreduction.Pathfinderprovideswomen,men,andadolescentswitharangeofqualityhealthservices—fromcontraceptionandmaternalcaretoHIVpreventionandAIDScareandtreatment.Pathfinderstrivestostrengthenaccesstofamilyplanning,ensureavailabilityofsafeabortionservicesandpost-abortioncare,advocateforsoundreproductivehealthpolicies,and,throughallofourwork,improvetherightsandlivesofthepeopleweserve.
Program Overview:Pathfinder International, through its field office in Pakistan and with the financial support of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) is starting work on ‘Increase Post-Pregnancy Family Planning through Expanding Public and Private Sector Access with a Focus on Young Women’ through the IRMNCH & NP, Punjab and Department of Health Sindh. The objective of the initiative is to ensure ‘high quality post-pregnancy family planning’, with a focus on young women (age 15-24) in Sindh and Punjab Provinces in Pakistan’. The purpose is to address choice of methods available, overcome missed opportunities and improve contraceptive method mix. The objective can only be reached through a well-coordinated effort in which all the partners/stakeholders join hands together.
Summary: Manages and coordinates administrative services functions to ensure efficient operations. Manages all administrative functions for Pathfinder International’s country office, including, but not limited to, facilities management and security, services and supplies procurement and vendor management, travel, domestic business and charitable registration, all-staff meetings, and document management. Develops, reviews, distributes and maintains all administrative office procedures, including, but not limited to, travel, records retention, mail handling, fax receipt and distribution, facilities management, parking and office assignments.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Meeting Minutes: Takes minutes at programmatic and strategic meetings. Contributes to development of meeting notes.
2. Written Communications: Prepares written and electronic including letters and announcements. Types and proofreads correspondence, reports, and other materials. Answers routine correspondence and composes complex correspondence as necessary.
3. Logistics:Plans and supports all logistics for evaluation activities, training, capacity assessments, learning events, schedules and calendars.and other project activities. Ensures smooth operations of all activities by coordinating with drivers, translators, interpreters, venues, caterers, suppliers, activity-specific logisticians. Mobilizes staff and consultants by arranging travel and lodging.
4. Event Management: Works with country office staff to manage all country office events.
5. Research Support: Provides research support to the management team in preparation for special meetings, presentations, and events. Collects material for and prepares special project papers.
6. Record Keeping: Completes various forms, including: purchase requisitions, shipping requests, requests for absence, travel expense reports, requests for payment, consultancy agreements and work orders.
7. Mail Distribution: Opens and distributes mail; forwards correspondence to appropriate staff for action.
8. Project Management: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Under take any other task related to the project as assigned by the Country Director.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor Degree business, logistics management, or equivalent; or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required competencies
3 years' work experience in a non-profit organization
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
· Logistics Practices: Foundational knowledge of logistics standards and guidelines.
· Mail Distribution Procedures: Ability to distribute mail according to accepted practices and procedures.
· Record Keeping: Ability to complete forms and reports and file them according to accepted policy and procedures.
· Event Coordination: Ability to coordinate events and meetings.
· Research Methods: Foundational knowledge and ability to conduct research on assigned topics.
· Writing and Editing: Ability to create and edit correspondence, reports and other forms of documentation.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
· PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language
· Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Foundational knowledge of report writing.
· Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program
· Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
· Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced customer service skills.
· Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
· Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
· Travel required (10% or less)
· Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer