Penny Appeal is a national and international humanitarian aid charity, which aims to relieve the suffering of poor and needy people in Pakistan and across the world. Our plans are ambitious and we are trying our best to achieve them, Organization requires services of “HR Manager” to work both on an operational and strategic perspective. We are looking for a highly skilled HR Manager to oversee all aspects of HR practices and processes. S/he will support the business and ensure the proper implementation of a company strategy, duties of that position could be as under but not limited to these;
· Develop and implement a HR strategy which aligns our operating philosophy and organisational plans;
· Manage our employee relations which include but are not limited to: absence, disciplinaries, grievances, sickness, maternity/paternity leave;
· Manage investigations, complex disciplinary/grievance procedures. and all company HR issues;
· Ensure all organisational policies and procedures are up to date and in-line with current employment law and communicated effectively;
· Create a training and development programme for each individual /team within the company based on a training needs analysis/ performance review analysis;
· Manage the payroll process;
· Manage HR budgets;
· Work with Internal Department Heads to recruit for new employees, the process includes job descriptions, interviews, submission of contracts of employment, reference requests and probation plans;
· Develop a robust management programme that drives high performance, measuring employee satisfaction and which identifies areas that require improvement;
· Maintain and manage the Health and Safety policy and Staff Handbook;
· Develop and manage a staff appreciation and recognition guideline which include awards;
· Manage succession planning;
· Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the company;
· Conduct in house needs based training sessions;
· Arranging orientation sessions for new joiners;
· Preparation of job descriptions for positions in PA and make sure all staff are clear on their JDs and advise employees and other departmental representatives on personnel-related policies and procedures;
· Ensure employee personal records are being maintained accordingly, with confidentiality and security;
· Development of forms relating to human resource management (i.e. leave, appraisal, clearance, exit interview etc.);
· Develop, recommend and maintain competitive compensation programs for all employees;
· Put in place an objective, measurable and reliable performance evaluation and rating system for supporting the performance review process;
· Conducting employee annual performance appraisals;
· Submission of reports to Supervisor on human resources related issues when required;
· Coordinate and ensure completion of employee exit interviews;
· Reports outcomes of exit interview information to management and maintains data;
· Any other task assigned by the Supervisor;
Required Skills & Knowledge:
· Demonstrable experience working within HR Management.
· Good understanding of employment laws and practices.
· A high level of initiative.
· Sound knowledge of employment issues e.g. absence management, conflict of interest, disciplinary & grievance etc.
· Tenacity - the ability to be clear and focused on achieving the end result even when faced with repeated external obstacles
· Strong influencing skills with the proven ability to influence managers in people related matters.
· Strong Decision-making skills
· Excellent organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
· Display high energy and able to manage, motivate and drive high performance within the company.
· Have a positive, can-do and resilient attitude.
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
· Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
· Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
· Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals.
· Is aware of personal development needs and raises issues with manager to help improve effectiveness. Takes on board comments about development needs and is always willing to learn
Required Education & Experience:
· Master Degree in HRM
· At least 5-years of experience in HR Management preferably in nonprofit organization.