A graduate with a 1st Division degree in Commerce and an ACCA Finalist having experience of 5 and half years in a Chartered accountant firm, a services provider group of companies and a media group respectively based in Lahore, Pakistan. Key strengths include: extensive experience of bookkeeping to trail balance, exposure of preparing financial statements at statutory level, statutory audits, internal audits, budgets preparation, internal controls evaluations, financial accounting, reconciliations, independent stock/inventory audits, projects funds management & disbursements, project costing and preparation of management financial reports for media and education industry and good at reports writing.
NaiBaat media network is a newly added media group in media industry of Pakistan having a daily newspaper (Daily NaiBaat) distributed nationally and a National news TV channel (NEO TV).
Hired as a Finance Officer but within a month I was promoted as Finance Executive.
Due to keen interest, professional knowledge and experience I was given an extra role as production associate in production management department.
In this organization also worked on implementation of bespoke accounting software specially designed according to organization’s accounting requirements.
Prepared costing reports e.g. per episode cost of all programs separately for advertisement rate decision making.
During my work with this group I worked on preparation of program budgets separately and on preparation of whole organizations master monthly and annually budgets. I have worked there on costing, cost allocation and revenue cost analysis for better management decision making regarding rates of advertisements in specific slots.
I have worked as Audit Officer in The Superior Group (Superior Group of Colleges). Superior Group is Pakistan’s largest group diversified in the field of Education, Media and Consultancy with Colleges & Schools in different Cities and Superior University, Medical College (Azra Naheed Medical College), News Paper (Nai Baat) and Nai Baat News Channel, Chaudhry Muhammad Akram Center for Entrepreneurship Development, AN Consultants.
In Superior group my responsibilities were:
1. To plan & conduct financial and non financial audits of Naibaat Newspaper, Superior University, Superior colleges, and The Spirit schools based all over the Pakistan.I had to prepare audit reports for Director Operations, Director Colleges and Chairman after completion of my work.I had worked on audits of various departments including Accounts, Finance, Purchase, Stock, I.T, Admin, and Transport according to company policies and standards.
2. To prepare audit review reports for directors and chairman.
3. To perform audit of various departments including Accounts, Finance, Purchase, Stock, I.T, Admin, and Transport according to company polices and standards.
4. To make and implement policies for Sale, Purchase and Stock Department.
My responsibilities in Munawar associates Chartered Accountants were:
1. To conduct statuary audit of clients as a team member in starting and job In charge in later days. I started working from vouching of expenses ledgers, assets additions and walk through of revenue transactions. With the passage of time I have learned how to complete a full external audit of clients and make audited financial statements and prepare audit reports.
2. Filing of tax returns of taxation clients.
3. Incorporation of companies under Companies act 1984, NGO's and Societies.
4. Working on different customized assignments e.g. Employees benefits audit,
Development of financial policies and procedures and implementation of the same,
Development of internal controls.
Non financial audits.
Stock takings etc.