I am a recent graduate of The Australian National University looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity to commence my career in economic policy design, research and data analysis.
1. Assisted with the following on-going projects at IED -
'Assessing the Impact of Teachers’ Professional Development on Student Learning Outcomes in Lower Secondary Schools in Mathematics and Science: A Pilot Impact Study' | Principal investigators: Dr. Sadia M. Bhutta & Dr. Sherwin Rodrigues.
Tasks undertaken as part of this position:
(i) Graphical/distributional analysis of the relevant variables;
(ii) Bivariate analysis to explore fundamental relationships;
(iii) Multiple linear regression - starting point;
(iv) Multilevel mixed-effects linear regression - a more rigorous methodology to model hierarchical data;
(v) MANCOVA (Multivariate Analysis of Covariance)
2. Prepared teaching materials for the course 'EDUC-7046-8004: Quantitative Research Methods' taught by Dr. Sadia M. Bhutta to students enrolled in Master of Education and Master of Philosophy in Education at AKU-IED.
Hand collect and scrape bank deposit insurance and various other data required for analysis; write Stata code to clean and merge data; help run some of the analysis.
Study Canberra (CBR) represents a partnership between the ACT tertiary education providers and the ACT Government to promote Canberra as a study destination for local, Australian and international students.
1. Share knowledge and experiences of studying in the ACT with prospective students.
2. Provide support to the Study Canberra (CBR) team at exclusive events.
3. Provide editorial content for use on promotional materials.
4. Provide personal profile or comments on a specific topic which may be used with an accompanying image for Study Canberra CBR promotional materials.
Conducting one-on-one/group tutorials; building conceptual understanding of the course themes; providing student support; helping with assignments, quizzes, exam preparation and marking. Courses tutored include Economics, Management, Accounting, Mathematics, Econometrics and Statistics.
Responsible for daily monitoring of revenue from all AKUH branches in Pakistan; preparing vouchers for various kinds of payments to suppliers; audit of POS machines in AKUH, Karachi.