Being an Assistant Manager Audit I was responsible to:
• Plan and execute audits and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Delegate appropriate work to personnel comprising 30 members designated from Audit Supervisor to junior auditors and review their work in the light of structured standards.
• Ensure the members of the audit team communicate, co-ordinate and collaborate effectively with the client, other team members and functional teams like tax consultants, IT department and other management consultants.
• Provide training, guidance and technical assistance to a designated team, thereby ensuring timely completion of audit work and the review of team’s work papers for evaluation of their performance.
• Keep up-to-date with any changes or planned changes to accounting standards, IFRSs or other pronouncements and understanding their impact upon the audit strategy.
• Provide prompt feedback to partner and manager in relation to ongoing job performance concurrently with a view to avoid surprises.
During my association with the firm as articleship trainee, I have gained extensive knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
Business Risk Services and Internal Audit
• Assessment of efficiency and effectiveness of clients’ internal controls, introducing best practices, giving suggestions to improve their quality and value-added services.
• Performed PO and shipment wise costing and then reconciliation of costing profit/loss with accounting profit/loss along with variance analysis.
• Performed internal audit activity in an ERP environment to identify control loopholes in the entity’s standard operating procedures (SOPs) in respect of payments and recommendations to improvise.
Audit and Assurance
Gained experience of working on various clients in various capacities i.e. Audit senior, Semi senior and junior auditor, which gave me exposure in the following industry sectors:
• Non-Banking Financial Institutions
• Marketing & Security Services
• NGO, Health and Public Welfare Orgainsation
• Provident Fund Trust
• USAID projects
• Performed Entity Quality Assurance Reviews, stock takes, cash counts and physical verification of assets for many clients. Also being involved in Quality Control Review conducted by ICAP.
• Accounting and Book keeping Assignments in accordance with applicable tax rules and relevant accounting IASs.
• Have expertise in preparation of Projected Financial Statements, monthly management accounts, ratio analysis and Feasibility Study reports.
• Working knowledge of various accounting software including office automation software