The ROZEE Jobs App.
NOTE: Do not upload any image that violates our Picture Policy. Doing so will result in the removal of the concerned image without prior notification.
Note:Microsoft Internet Explorer restricts the images to be uploaded one by one. To upload multiple images at the same time please use other browser.
Certificate in Accounting and Finance (CAF) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) having 7 months of experience with the country’s leading FMCG company Unilever and previous experience of more than two and half years with one of the big 4 Chartered Accountancy firm EY Ford Rhodes.
• Internal audits & Capacity Assessments
• Local Taxation matters
• SOX & COSO compliance reviews
• IAS and IFRS
• Financial and program implementation audits
• Policy & Procedures Manual documentation
• Gap analysis and report writing
• Internal control risk assessment
Seconded from EY Ford Rhodes and working in the Tax Department of Unilever Pakistan. Major responsibilities include: • Development of Tax Dashboard to assist senior management getting a bird’s-eye view of direct and indirect taxes paid by the company along with historical trends and controls compliance tracker etc. • Filing of monthly and annual Withholding Tax Statements. • Preparation of workings and filing of monthly sales tax returns and exemption requests. • Dealing with all the notices received from Federal and Provincial Taxation Authorities. • Ensuring that all customers accept the pending Credit Notes issued by the Unilever through contacting them, non-acceptance of which had resulted in additional tax liability of over PKR 90 million. • Assisting the team in preparation of tax workings for quarterly advance tax. • Making tax payments. • Collaborating with various departments to gather data for the audits conducted by Federal Tax Authority.
• VEON & Jazz: Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) 404 compliance review of Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited (Jazz) to test the effectiveness of internal controls designed on the basis of SOX 404
• Citi Bank Pakistan: COSO Implementation review ensuring their compliance with the Internal Control Guidelines of the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) & COSO Framework
• Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan: Identifying the gaps and assessing Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) in the process of General Banking Operations of the Bank
• Askari Bank Limited: Diagnostic review of the Agriculture Financing Portfolio to assess the design of Agriculture and Rural Business Division (ARBD) of bank and identifying gaps
• PTCL & Ufone (PMCL): Alignment of Policy and Procedure Manuals of holding and subsidiary company PTCL and Pakistan Mobile Communication Limited (PMCL/Ufone)
• Karandaaz Murree Brewery: Internal Audit to Identify various gaps in current practices and policies of the company and suggesting sustainable improvement ideas and practical recommendations for the mitigation of the risks identified
• State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) USA: Public Financial Management Risk Assessment (PFMRA) to identify and assess PFM fiduciary risk and to present potential and practical risk mitigation measures of National Highways & Motorway Police (NH&MP) and Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF)
• World Bank: Capacity assessment of Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) to analyze the institutional structure and overall capacity of BISP field offices all over Pakistan
• UNICEF: Financial and Programme Audit of multiple Implementing Partners in Pakistan
• DFID & UN Agencies i.e. UNICEF, UNDP, UNFPA: Micro assessments of diverse portfolio of corporate and public entities in Pakistan e.g. Ministry of Health, Planning & Development Department, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics etc. and other Non-Government Organizations