Plumul requires a full-time Financial Analyst for its US based client.
The position requires the ability to analyze diverse financial information and develop system of reporting to senior management.
Responsibilities will also include accuracy, control and timelines of financial reports as well as interpreting data and preparing comparative analyses.
Candidate must be able to perform both full cycle accounting and bookkeeping functions.
The Financial Analyst for this small to mid-sized company will be conducting business/variance analysis and reporting, creating budgets, and performing weekly as well as monthly close activities.
This person will also serve as a financial liaison to business leaders in the US, providing information, analyses, and recommendations when requested.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for:
• Managing 14 + Small Bank accounts in the US;
• Managing daily cash balances;
• Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively;
• Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
• Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units;
• Vendor management / Negotiating;
• Maintaining our accounts system; Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors;
• Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit and on consolidated basis;
• Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge;
• Liaising with other departments and business units on a range of issues;
• Liaising with New Jersey Office, help prioritize needs, and execute;
• Providing advice on financial matters impacting the company as a whole;
• Taking responsibility for, and supervising the work of, more junior members of staff;
• Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities;
• Arranging financial audits and reviews as required;
• Banking money and cheques received and issuing receipts as requested or needed;
• Processing credit card payments received and transferring money from Paypal accounts;
• Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required;
• Payment of invoices and fees as required or otherwise instructed;
• Manage payroll and MPF matters for Company, business units and subsidiaries;
• Complete tax filings and dealing with matters relating to the IRD;
• Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities;
• Convert financials, and reconcile with Operations Metrics;
• Provide Report Cards for key people/stores/departments;
• Control Purchasing and store level spending;
• Set & Review performance benchmarks. Create and review monthly goals for stores;
• Evaluate marketing and sales impact and returns;
• Evaluate key people performance and impact;
• Fully understand SMSX and data/reports available – Identify key reports;
• Full time position 45 hours per week
• Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills:
• 8+ years financial analysis experience in small business environment
• Good knowledge of accounting principles -- accruals, prepaid, etc.
• Good knowledge of Cost Accounting, General Ledger, AP and AR
• Strong reconciliation, analysis and problem-solving skills
• Extensive experience with MS Excel including expertise with advanced functions and pivot tables.
• BA required, MBA preferred, preferably in Finance, Business, or Accounting
• Experience with managing and analyzing large quantities of data, must be organized.
• Prepare and explain Brand P&Ls and Customer P&Ls; identify issues and opportunities
• Analyze mix/volume, price, cost of goods, COT/customer profitability, ROI
• Strong ability to focus on details and provide accuracy in work without sacrificing speed.
• Highly motivated with a sense of curiosity and desire to learn, willing and able to take a leadership role
• Excellent oral and written communications skills; Ability to effectively communicate with all levels across the organization, i.e. credit and collections, accounting, sales & marketing
• Project positive attitude with history of dependability, resourcefulness and goal orientation
• Strong team player