General objectives of the position:
To support the hospital systems strengthening specialist in monitoring, training and managing hospital based staff in their respective districts for optimal usage and training on medical and surgical supplies provided under the umbrella of Sindh Peoples Health Program. More specifically, the hospital systems strengthening coordinator encourages the hospital based staff, including nurses, doctors and paramedical staff and SPHP staff to efficiently utilize the available international quality supplies provided by PEI in partnership with department of Sindh, government of Pakistan and also to conduct periodic trainings at their respective health facilities for standardized operating procedures of usage of supplies. The HSS Manager will be responsible for strengthening technical capacity and accountability for the management of supported facilities through Mrs. Shamshad Masood Memorial Counters providing free medical and surgical supplies.
- Provide technical and programmatic oversight and direction for the staff of hospitals systems strengthening component.
- Assess, plan and implement strategies for management of Mrs. Shamshad Masood Counters providing free medical and surgical supplies.
- Identify and encourage usage of international standard medical and surgical supplies at health care facilities.
- Be responsible for strengthening technical capacity and accountability for the management of supported facilities.
- Conduct trainings for hospital based staff and organization staff at respective facilities of the districts.
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required program related activities to ensure quality coordinated services are provided expeditiously to all members
- MBBS with minimum 4 years completed clinical training for FCPS in Surgical or allied specialty.
- Interest in community health and public health.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in English.
- The ability to travel in assigned region to visit hospitals and liaison with other stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 75% time.
· Sukkur and Hyderabad