Project Name: Sind Peoples Health Program
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Invest funds
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company.
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput.
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers
- Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries.
- All treasury staff, as well as financial analysts and cost accountants
- All other tasks assigned by top management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Computerized accounting programs
- Accounts payable and accounts receivables generally accepted accounting principles
- Fund accounting
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of financial reports
- Municipal services
- Administration of employee benefits
- Payroll systems and reporting
- Office administration
- An understanding of relevant municipal legislation, policies and procedures
- An understanding of the northern cultural and political environment
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Supervisory skills
- Team building
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Accounts Officer. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
Financial Skills: Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills.