· Staff Nurse is answerable to Head Nurse & through him to Medical Superintendent.
· She will perform her/his duty as per notified duty Rota or as per instruction of unit in-charge and/or MS.
· Will take over from nurse relieved & ensure that all equipment, apparatus, medicine, emergency tray & supplies are complete.
· Will be responsible to bring any unusual occurrence to the notice of unit in-charge and MS.
· Will ensure that Ward orderly, Dai & sweepers perform their duties efficiently & punctually
· Assist & cooperate with other staff on duty
· Will be responsible to read & check reports prepared by relieved nurse & follow instructions about serious patients first
· Will be responsible to maintain patient’s records up to date ie TPR, Treatment & intake/output charts
· Ensure that before the beginning of morning round, the patients are clean & neat, bedding is done properly & the ward is clean & tidy.
· Will assist MO/SMOs, Specialists of the ward during rounds of the ward & note/follow instruction about the patients.
· Ensuring enough nursing care for patients ie mouth wash, sponging, back rubs, nail cutting & precautions against bed sores
· Will assist the MO/SMO, Specialists in different heath facilities available in the institution
· Will ensure that specimens for investigations are sent straight to the hospital laboratory & upon receiving attach the resulting reports to the patient’s charts
· Will be responsible to call doctor on duty using call register or telephones for emergency patients or distressed patients
· Will promote health education in the ward by talking on various topics to patients and their relatives
· Will ensure that patients are taken for examination, X-Rays, Lab. Tests, OPD & operation theatre on time by the ward orderly or Dai.
· Will carry out pre-operative & post-operative orders in time
· Will prepare & keep charts ready for newly admitted patients
· Be responsible to maintain treatment book, stock register of medicine, linen, admission & discharge register, diet register & abstract register up to date
· Prepare indents for medicines & linen regularly to avoid shortage
· Will be responsible to write reports & instruction for ward patients at the end of her duty & hand over to nurse coming on duty in proper order
· Any other duty assigned to her by unit in-charge & MS from time to time
Poverty is the root cause of every problem in the society, has no doubts worse affects on human life. Traditional gender roles in Pakistan especially in NWFP, which remains indulged in tribal culture, define the woman’s place as in the home and not in the workplace, and define the man as the breadwi ...Read More