PEI is implementing Sindh People Health Programme and will be setting up counters at over 40 DHQ and government teaching hospitals. PEI will supply medical and surgical supplies (imported from the USA) to these hospitals to be used by the hospitals for the benefit of the poor people. PEI requires a senior trained Surgeon who is familiar with these supplies and is able to provide training to the staff in these hospitals to effectively use them. PEI has already designed the training modules.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES (skills required)
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competency in specialty (Surgery)
- Sound knowledge of patient care/patient safety standards
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnership with stakeholder for the delivery of exemplary patient care services
- Should have a good knowledge of clinical teaching;
- MBBS, Training in OT / Surgical ward
- A minimum of 5-7 years working experience in a surgical unit of a hospital.
- Should be willing to travel to interior Sindh.
Additional competencies: (Required abilities & traits):
- Proven leadership qualities
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Positive attitude, good communication skills and ready to accept change
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Should be able to do multi-task;
- Good business acumen with ability to relate matters.
- Possess good interpersonal communication and report writing skills;
- Knowledge of resource management including financial management
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting the medical equipment and supplies trainings courses at the institutional level.
- Visiting the different patient care units and attain detailed need assessment for execution of these trainings.
- Providing assistance to the Director, PEI in meeting training objectives
- Assuring competency development and evaluation of the staff performing patient care using the equipment/supplies
- Monitors staff skills to identify gaps in theory & its integration into practice.
- Ensures timely updating of inventory
- Monitoring all inventories related activities and ensure timely completion of all schedules for timely completion of physical count exercise at year end.
- Evaluate the current controls in place and propose meaningful improvements in overall systems, controls and policies of Inventory section.
- Assume the role of Master trainer
- Effectively conduct trainings related to use of supplies (what and how) in various patient care processes and certify individuals for relevant competencies and maintain record of all trainings
- Maintain record of individual competencies
- Oversee proper utilization of medical surgical and other patient care supplies and ensure prevention of pilferage and misuse of these supplies. Report any discrepancies or incident to the regional coordinator or director
- Develop mechanism for safe and efficient patient care
- Streamline the processes to bring measurable improvement
- Ensure effective management of staff and resources in the assigned hospitals
- Ensure quality standards are achieved
- Oversight effective medical equipment and supplies utilization and management at the institutional level under Poverty eradication initiative (PEI)
- Oversee the functions of the coordinators of assigned hospitals
- Regularly visit assigned hospitals to ensure smooth functioning and to identify service gaps for immediate attention
- Act on the quality reports from coordinators of the assigned hospital
- Ensure flow of effective administrative and overall operational services in the assigned hospital
- Develop strategies and ensure improvement in quality, patient safety, PEI targets and patient care practices
- Ensure availability of required resources and proper management of budgets
- Ensure medical equipment and supplies trainings courses are effectively carried out as per plan schedules
- Mentor / coach front line supervisors/management staff to resolve issues related to operations
- Provide central support to hospitals in areas of organizational development, management systems, human resource management, staff development, education, and research
- Recommend and play a catalyst role in utilization of resources allocated to the assigned hospitals
- Continuously review and improve administrative and patient care procedures / processes.
- Bring about innovation and efficiencies in the processes with defined outcomes
- Formulate strategies for meeting strategic goals to achieve PEI programme vision and mission
- Work closely with the management team and serve as a resource person to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished for schedule activities/ as per PEI initiative.