For this opening, we are looking for a Software Engineer. The candidate must be an adept at systems programming with a focus on multimedia subsystems and drivers. He or she will work with a multi-interdisciplinary team of researchers with expertise in hardware, sensors and signal processing. The goal is to create the next generation of devices and user experiences.
Required qualifications, demonstrated with a portfolio of previous work:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Systems programming with GNU toolchains
- Proficiency in C and C++
- Programming with architecture-specific optimizations
- SW development for desktop and embedded Linux
Highly valued qualifications:
- Experience with Linux audio and multimedia subsystems (e.g., ALSA, PulseAudio, GStreamer, V4L)
- Experience with Linux driver development
- Formal education in signal processing theory and methods
- Excellent spoken, written and presentation fluency in technical English.
- A strong drive to experiment, prototype and improve.
- The ability to clearly communicate what work you have done, why it was important, and how it was different from other projects.
- Creativity coming up with ideas and clever solutions to problems, as well as turning around and building them.
- Ability to work in ambiguous uncharted areas and having the experience, creativity and technical depth to pick the right direction.