Perform advanced engineering calculations and simulations for the products to meet mechanical, thermal, and structural design requirements. Create component and assembly drawings, design the fixtures for prototype testing in the lab, and contribute to key decisions for all things related to mechanical designs. Perform trade-off studies involving materials, cooling concepts, reliability, DFMA, FMEA, performance, and cost. Manage and maintain the designs through the life cycle with revision controls and design changes. Work closely with the cross-functional team for design optimization and validation testing. We’re looking for an exceptional engineer for mechanical design of enclosures and parts. You are knowledgeable in the areas of mechanical design, heat transfer, materials science, packaging, and testing. You will own design (including packaging, structure analysis, cooling concepts, components selections, and material selections) from concept through prototype testing and eventually into high volume production. We value and hire for curiosity, integrity, excellence, respect, and contribution. We’re a team of multidisciplinary experts looking to transform the world.
Bachelor in mechanical engineering with relevant experience
- Ability to work independently, maintain attention to detail, and multitask in a high-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of thermal management and packaging issues in enclosures.
- Basic mechanical engineering understanding to assess strengths and weaknesses of different parts, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Knowledgeable about rotating equipment and dynamics, stability, and limits of its components such as shafts and bearings, including natural frequency and deflection at speed and temperature.
- 3D CAD modeling & detailing
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5-2009, ISO 16792:2006 and similar dimensioning standards
- Strong familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) expertise including but not limited to: Plastic mold injection, waterproofing, metal casting, machining, stamping, and forming.
- Knowledge and application of FMEA and DFMEA methods
- Direct hands-on experience designing/analyzing electric motors and power electronic controller enclosures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in structure analysis simulations is mandatory