· To deliver and contribute to the design of high-quality teaching methodologies to attract students.
· Contribute to the planning, delivery and assessment of high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, in liaison with the relevant programme and course conveners.
· With guidance: develop high-quality inclusive teaching materials, methods and approaches using appropriate technology; take responsibility for their quality, and ensure that they meet defined learning objectives.
· With guidance: set, mark, and assess coursework and examinations; select appropriate assessment instruments and assessment criteria; and provide constructive and comprehensive feedback to students.
· Ensure that teaching materials remain up-to-date and relevant, incorporating advances in the subject area into the course of study.
· Undertake and complete administrative duties required in the professional delivery of teaching.
· Undertake academic advising duties, and provide first-line support for sensitive issues, referring on as appropriate to services providing further assistance.
· Adopt an approachable and accessible attitude towards students, offering office hours, informal advice etc.
· Attend and contribute to college meetings.
· Engage in activities beyond day-to-day teaching duties, for example Admissions Days.
· Assist with recruitment.
· Participate in college working groups or committees, as required.
· Undertake additional administrative duties, as required by the Principal.