ProPakistani is the country's top independent blog and the default destination for everything related to tech, telecom, auto and many other niches.
ProPakistani is looking for a Senior WordPress Developer to join our team who will help with both internal and client facing WordPress projects. Candidates must have an advanced WordPress development skillset with experience working on team based projects. This is an opportunity to lead by example, while helping to nurture and develop a culture that believes in self-motivation and growth.
Candidates should possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work individually, as well as within a team. Personal responsibility and time management skills are paramount, along with a passion for open source and giving back to the community.
Note: Please submit at least 3 links to work examples (plugins or themes)
• Advanced proficiency with modern PHP & MySQL development, including object oriented PHP.
• Experience with Custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch with great design and focus on UI/UX and strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
• Development expertise with custom post types, taxonomy type, custom fields, plug-ins, theme development and WordPress database structure knowledge.
• Experience and good understanding of WordPress architecture and structure including well known WordPress Frameworks
• Strong understanding of WordPress Shortcodes, functions, hooks and the loop.
• Extensive experience in full development life cycle. (You have experience in working locally, deploying to staging environment, and then deployments to production.)
• Hands on experience with Gutenberg and ability to create module/blocks using your own code.
• Through Understanding of new Changes like RESTful Web API, Ajax, JSON, SOAP, Gutenberg, Bootstrap
• Managed more than one custom WordPress site and strong ability to learn and adapt new changes.
Bonus points for:
• Experience with Node.js, SASS (and/or LESS) and/or jQuery
• Responsive Frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap)
• 3rd party APIs Integrations
• Experience working with REST APIs using AJAX, JSON and SOAP