We are a small & medium size UK base accountancy firm who is operating since 2005. We are seeking an individual having an experience of at least 5 years for the position of Senior Accountant. The individual should be dedicated, detail-oriented and must be able to work in a fast pace. This role requires part role of Assistant Manager as well. As a senior accountant you will be preparing and producing year end accounts and other work for our various clients. This role may also require leading one of our department/projects. You must have a keen attention to detail and knowledge to maintain accurate bookkeeping, account balances, general ledger, and all necessary management reports. You will be working for our various clients and the role also require liaising with our UK Head office team.Key responsibilities
- Preparing and producing year end accounts.
- Producing necessary workings/reconciliations related to year end accounts
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Guides the team by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Preparation of weekly & monthly management accounts pack.
- Work with the Management accounts to provide robust weekly cash reports.
- Assist the manager in the development improvement of current processes/ functionality.
- Preparation of forecasts/estimates and budgets.
- Monitor and report income, cash flow and expenditure. Identify trends and develop organizational projections for annual / quarterly / monthly budgeting.
- Work towards fully understanding both the accounts payable and receivables process.
- Reconciling various control accounts; Cash, Credit Card, Prepaid, Accrued Income, VAT, Wages & PAYE.
- Reconciliation of Intercompany balances & Group company accounts.
- Preparing VAT returns and their finalization
- Should be a team player.
- Should possess strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Excellent MS Office Skills
- ACCA Qualified/ C.A Inter/ ICMA (Part pass)
- Knowledge of SageCloud, Xero, Quickbooks or Other cloud-based accounting software is a must.
- Experience with UK Based firm is preferable.
Only successful candidates will be contacted