Position: Psycho-social Support Assistant
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Location: Peshawar, Pakistan
Position Summary: Psycho Social Support Assistant (PSSA) is responsible for counseling, Psychosocial support education and awareness. PSSA is also responsible for managing organization’s toll-free helpline. PSSA will provide awareness, counselling on stress and anger management and referral support where needed. PSSA will develop linkages and referral mechanisms with hospitals, COVID-19 isolation centers and other service providers to facilitate communities.
The post holder will provide support to project in running the helpline and to counsel, educate or refer beneficiaries to respective service providers. The helpline will provide critical one-on-one information to effected people and ensure confidentiality of cases. The information provided will include COVID-19 awareness and prevention, correct use of hygiene supplies and guidance in case of symptoms and counseling on anger and stress management. S/he will do the necessary follow up calls to the beneficiaries and will maintain the data. S/he will constantly update the data regarding relevant service providers in the target districts. The post holder will also ensure that organization’s Protection policies and procedures are effectively followed and implemented in the office and that protection/safeguarding matters are responded to in a sensitive manner. S/he must know/learn and abide by organizational rules, regulations, and donor requirements concerning protection, safeguarding and dealing with the beneficiaries.
- Keep informed of current service providers and compile/update a list of all relevant service providers with complete contact details.
- Provide psychosocial first aid to the target beneficiaries.
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedures and maintain complete calls log and produce call reports.
- Through helpline and community visits, PSSA will provide counseling, education and refer beneficiaries to respective service providers.
- Provide individual counselling sessions tailored to the needs of the target population along with follow up calls/sessions when deemed necessary.
- The PSSA will provide critical one-on-one information to effected people and ensure confidentiality of cases.
- Conduct and regularly update psychosocial assessments with project beneficiaries.
- Conduct profiling interviews (on need basis) and ensure accurate data entry when required.
- Identify cases that require specialized institutions support and coordinate referral.
- Identify cases for conducting psychosocial group activities and conduct the same, if needed.
- Attend all relevant project meetings as and when required.
- Maintain up to date, accurate, confidential records. Strict confidentiality is required.
- Provide, collate and monitor regular, accurate and timely data of the helpline.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position demands dynamic individual with a good communication, inter-personal and analytical skills to achieve results in demanding and often difficult environments.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree and experience in a field related to humanitarian assistance, emergency response and development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related working experience in psychology, social work, community mobilization and health.
- Relevant experience of handling the phone calls and managing the helpline.
- Proven experience responding to and managing sensitive psycho-social/protection / safeguarding matters in a confidential manner
- Experience in providing training sessions to beneficiaries on psycho-social issues.
- Good oral and written English, Urdu and Pashto communication skills
- Can maintain strict confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel