The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR CoE to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units, job groups and any individual development needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.