This role is part of the Retail Core Engine Product team (see description below) and operates at the intersection of Search and Catalog. Its mission is to enable great search and browse experiences by building machine learning-powered products that connect what customers want to our rapidly growing Catalog of items.
As an Associate Product Manager on the Catalog Product team, you will interface with multiple functions including engineering, data science, and operations. You will work with key stakeholders on the merchandising side and help drive the vision, strategy, roadmap and execution of Catalog services that enable customers to discover all our items across multiple journeys.
You will work on critical Catalog functions including product classification, attribute extraction, data normalization, and analytics.
Who are you:
- You are an extremely talented product manager with a drive to learn, grow and solve tough problems at scale.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and evangelize a strategy and roadmap to stakeholders.
- You have basic understanding of data science with a strong focus on execution.
- You are comfortable working with large datasets and drawing conclusions using statistical methods.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have a “customer first” approach to solving problems.
- You empower and inspire those around you to take action and innovate.
- 1-3 years of Product Management experience.
- Base knowledge of Machine Learning. Data Science Background preferred.
- Self-directed, well organized and proactive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership potential.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and growth mindset