The Field Engineer is expected to provide support to the Project in accordance with Organizational guidelines. Will be responsible to work with communities through Organization's social mobilization Unit to design local projects in accordance with Organizational vision, mission and objectives. Following this, (s)he is to follow Organization systems and procedures in technical issues; mainly related to organizational development.
As part of the Technical Unit the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical information and interpretation of plans, preparation of detail estimation sheets and specifications for the successful implementation of the projects
- Provide daily/weekly reporting regarding projects.
- Complete knowledge of surveying techniques and procedures is necessary
- Prepare detailed cost estimates, planning, implementation and technical feasibility for projects
- S/he shall at all times know progress of the ongoing projects with respect to planning and should be able to give details of why project ahead/behind schedule at all times
- Work in coordination with SMU for developing community action plan
- Work with community in training mason and other operation committee on technical aspect of the project
- Work with FC for developing monitoring frame work and timeline for the project activities
- Provide complete support during supervision of construction and carry out quality control inspection and monitor progress
- Develop standard drawings, bills of quantities and detail materials list for projects
- Provide basic technical training to the local communities for the sustainability of ongoing projects.
- Where possible develop and propose new projects
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible, Adaptable & Flexible
- Good planning & prioritizing skills
Qualifications and Competencies
- BS/B.Tech/Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Good Experience in Auto CAD will be preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in construction (development Sector).
- Good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
NOTE: we will assess the application before due date as well.