The PM position is based in District Quetta, Baluchistan where donor funded Emergency WASH Project shall be implemented. This position is expected to manage the overall project as per project agreement and allied donor policies through support from Qatar Charity’s (QC) Country Office in Islamabad. She/he will be working in close coordination with different sections in country office and also with QC’s provincial office in Quetta. A project team of around 30 staff will report to this position from different locations within Baluchistan province. This position will report to the overall Program Manager based in Country Office, Islamabad.
Purpose of the Position:
The position is mainly required to implement the project while ensuring that all project interventions remain relevant, efficient and meet desired goal and objectives.More specifically, the Project Manager will provide leadership and administrative management to ensure that project interventions are informed by and participated in by target communities, are delivered on time and at the same time ensure quality. Project Manager will be responsible to corroborate appropriate structures, staffing, management, resources are available and policies adhered to and corresponded to the standards set by QC and the donor.
• Establish and manage smaller project field offices/units in an emergent, efficient and effective manner.
• Develop detailed emergency Project Implementation Plan (PIP) in consultation with the Country Office.
• Ensure that staff is following QC’s HR policies and guidelines.
• Oversee and ensure a thorough and fair process for the assessment of current and potential future areas of intervention. This may include creation of assessment tools and on-site assessment visits etc.
• Initiate the Rapid Need Assessment/Baseline/Assessments within the first month of the project initiation in the project’s targeted districts.
• Liaise with local/government authorities and participate in meetings/events etc initiated by Government, I/NGOs, other stakeholders and communities.
• While managing and working closely with PMER person, ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of the project.
• Oversee coordination between social mobilization staff, support departments and technical team of engineers.
• Periodically review of the PIP to monitor operational and programming activities.
• Understand the financial aspect of the operations to ensure responsible spending and effective utilization of resources.
• Oversee and ensure the provision of high-quality technical support and capacity building to project staff throughout the life of interventions.
• Maintain strong and respectful working relations with communities that embody a solid, fair, and balanced approach to implementation.
• Maintain a positive working relation with the staff by demonstrating consistent and effective management and leadership roles.
• Facilitate the team in identifying the strategic issues in terms of the area of operations.
• Technically back stopping the project officers/SOs in the implementation and engagement of community and government officials.
• Maintain QC’s representation in all relevant forums and also lead on donor management from the very beginning of the project.
• Lead the transition process at the end of project implementation, ensuring sustainability of project outcomes through partnering agencies and communities.
• Successfully contribute towards implementation of overall Country Strategy of QC within Pakistan.
Qatar Charity (QC) is an international non-profit and non-governmental humanitarian organization founded in the State of Qatar in 1980. In Qatar, QC is duly registered with the Ministry of Endowment and Islamic Affairs - Serial No. 06 dated 24/07/1994 - under law No (2) of 1974, amended by decree-la ...Read More