Main Purpose of Job
As part of the program unit and under the direct supervision of the Project Officer the incumbent of the post will have the following responsibilities:
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Introduce Qatar Charity's program to the local communities and formation of Community Organizations
• To begin with baseline survey of target communities, and continue to monitor social change and new social information relevant to community empowerment.
• To assess the needs and resources required for the sanitation and hygiene promotion in the target areas.
• To identify stakeholders, potential leaders, influential, decision makers/opinion makers in the working area.
• To motivate and encourage potential leaders to talk to their fellow community members about unity and self-reliance.
• To initiate actions aimed at breaking down passivity, apathy and attitudes of letting others do things for themselves.
• To conduct in Behavior Change Communication Campaign (BCC Campaign) in light of Clean and Green, PATS+ guidelines.
• To provide community leaders with management skills and knowledge (about CLTS and hygiene) in getting community members interested, organized and motivated.
• Carry out field related project activities on prescribed formats
• Maintaining good relations with communities, notables and local contact persons to involve them in programme activities and seek their support wherever required
• Assist in developing a social mobilization strategy and spatial planning for QC Programme
• Develop profile of the villages/area
• Coordinate closely with the programme team for timely implementation of QC interventions
• Undertake field visits, and surveys in order to deliver the programme
• Identify problems and proposes remedial action
• Identify alternative courses of action and accelerate/improve programme delivery
• Prepare reports on the areas where QC work can be carried out using specific tools for gathering data, prepare the evaluation phases and implement the recommendations
• Submit the weekly report to the supervisor
• Participate in establishing effective monitoring, information and reporting systems, and in the development of communication materials and strategies to promote community participation
• Identify, assess, select, develop and maintain referral system with local NGOs and other service providers
• Perform other related duties as required
• Training local leaders and activities in the basics of organizing communities and introducing a programme of savings, capital formation, and skill development.
• Preparing weekly, monthly and overall DIP under the direct supervision of program officer
• Providing data of the field to Monitoring & Evaluation Section on time
• Responsible for coordination with all stakeholder at the Union Council level
• Record all Data in in soft and Hard form
Qatar Charity (QC) is an international non-profit and non-governmental humanitarian organization founded in the State of Qatar in 1980. In Qatar, QC is duly registered with the Ministry of Endowment and Islamic Affairs - Serial No. 06 dated 24/07/1994 - under law No (2) of 1974, amended by decree-la ...Read More