Under the guidance of Country Director, responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Qatar Charity Water, Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) and infrastructure Program, including normative guidance to counterparts and general facilitation of the WASH Sector within the context of Sustainable Development Goals.As a technical specialist, the role is to support country management, Areas offices and field units in the field of multi sector infrastructure, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs from inception till completion. Leading the engineering team for direct implementation of the hardcore activities like schools, Hospitals, Shelters, water and Sanitation, Irrigation channels, micro hydel and renewable energy, Develop sector strategies, Proposal development,Provide support and also engage external experts to provide relevant supportRepresent organization at relevant forum such UN Clusters, Technical Forums and also coordinate with government line agencies, donor community and sector partners.
Job ResponsibilitiesPlanning & Management of WASH and Infrastructure
• Provide support to technical team to conduct site assessments, detailed technical and social assessment, Approving Engineering estimates, working drawings, Topographic maps, Resistivity surveys, Soil testing, Bids preparation, preparing scope of work and further coordinating with procurement departments,
• Support them in bid preparations, Tender documents, conduct pre bid meetings, Engage consultants (for large scale infrastructure development), Evaluating bidders proposals and finalizing successful bidders, Contract negotiations, modifications and execution.
• Prepare technical formats as per engineering standards, work flow charts, site mobilization activities
• Design, plan, and monitor WASH & Infrastructure related activities at Country level with the support of Program Engineers, Coordinators and technician.
Coordination and Reporting
Ensure inter-sectorial collaboration with other program colleagues and other UN agencies for efficient and effective coordination, and enhanced synergy. Interact with Advocacy and Communication / Programm Communication Section in the development of appropriate program communication and information strategies and material to support advocacy and program development, especially on hygiene practices and sanitation awareness.Coordinate and communicate with the project team, stakeholders for the smooth implementation of WASH & Infrastructure activities at National, provincial and district level.Represent QC at various forums at national and international level and share the relevant sectors performances and collaborate with different institution (Govt line agencies, Academia and Media) for effective programming.Increase QC association with international Water, Infrastructure and climate change organizations
Orient, train, mentor and support engineering team to follow signed contract with contractors in its true letter and spirits Conduct capacity assessment of engineering team with the support of HR, prepare capacity building plan, built in-house capacityTechnical support in implementation
• Support in implementing WASH & Infrastructure as an integrated approach with other health related activities the project through communities, school and health facilities interventions.
• Provide inputs and support in the formulation of the WASH related innovations, development of mechanism, processes, tools and documentation as per the project requirements.
• Provide technical assistant to project team in planning implementation, reporting and monitoring of sanitation, drinking water, solid waste management, hygiene promotion, gender mainstreaming etc.
• Ensure compliance of the field staff to their proposed roles, functions, activities and quality of the interventions undertaken at the lowest level as per the technical & other requirements (refer to the manual or other project related guidelines /instructions).
• Related to WASH activities, coordinate and liaise with project partners, stakeholders, other district provincial public sector departments (health, public health, education) and other development partners.
• Monitoring& documentation
• undertake periodic reviews of ongoing implementation and report to Country Directors and relevant field team • Support team in corrective measures of the action against project indicators
• In coordination with M&E team, data collection tools /template assessment and impact analysis.
• Review, analyze data/documents of WASH activities and provided feedback to the project team on the progress, challenges and quality in a timely manner.
• Assist and support in preparation of various project documents - progress briefs & summaries, stories, tools and templates, presentations, data collection, review and analysis related to WASH.
Development of IEC materials
Support Communication team and support hiring of service providers for designing, printing and dissemination of IEC Material Provide technical inputs in development of Program Implementation Manual (PIM) for WASH related activities.Review and prepare training related materials for Field staffClimate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction Ability to understand and apply Climate Change Adaptation and DRR mainstreaming into program cycleHaving the ability to develop of the program staff for CCA and DRR
Required Qualifications, Skill and ExperienceEducation and Experience:
University degree in the disciplines Civil Engineering with at least 13 years of practical experience in WASH. Working experience with government agencies, local authorities, international organizations, NGOs and communities in the field of water, sanitation and participatory approaches in health and hygiene promotion
.Knowledge and Skills:
The candidate must have knowledge and skills related to WASH approaches being implemented in Pakistan.
• Have demonstrated experience of working as a technical expert in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of WASH community-based interventions
• Ability to smoothly work with stakeholders, teams and government agencies and rural organized community organizations for planning, coordination and implementation.
• Have understanding of WASH related issues in the context of the communities in Pakistan.
• Ability to mainstream gender roles in WASH interventions by analyzing the local culture and norms and building the case of existing positive attitudes and norms; Possesses skills as a Lead Trainer on WASH tools and techniques.
• Proficiency and Good understanding of AUTOCAD, Water CAD, and pro-E soft wares
• Good reporting and effective communication skills
• Ability towards analytical and creative thinking for rapid solutions
• Team player with service oriented attitudes.
• Proficiency in basic computer software such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Qatar Charity (QC) is an international non-profit and non-governmental humanitarian organization founded in the State of Qatar in 1980. In Qatar, QC is duly registered with the Ministry of Endowment and Islamic Affairs - Serial No. 06 dated 24/07/1994 - under law No (2) of 1974, amended by decree-la ...Read More