1. Devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications.
2. Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met.
3. Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
4. Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety.
5. Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards.
6. Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
7. Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
8. Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
9. Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
10. Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them.
11. Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business.
12. Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
13. Responsible for the quality control aspects of raw materials and finished products.
14. Prepares reports on each test preformed for measuring quality, quantity and composition.
15. Computes formulas, percentages or production specific factors using chemical and mathematical procedures.
16. Assist in setting quality standards and ensure that production is maintained at such standards.
17. Sample and identify, if any, bacterial or non-desirable excess material.
18. Problem-solving skills and customer-based focus leading to a continuous improvement of goods and services.
19. Responsible to train quality assurance employees and oversee manufacturing and production processes.
20. Responsible for maintaining the long-term continuity of production and service quality.
21. Completes tests required for food product packaging. Keep records of all tests that have been carried out.
22. Perform quality control analysis including tests and inspections of products and processes.
23. Maintain the corporate quality manual and quality records.
24. Review and report the principle causes of quality loss and non-conformance.
25. Ensure all check sheets are correctly completed and all non-compliance found have had the correct action taken and signed off.
Arrange, coordinate and participate in external quality audits