We develop proprietary trading software applications. Our areas of interest are: optimal (buy, sale, bidding) decision making in real-time trading, algorithmic trading, portfolio optimization, risk management, option pricing, stochastic modeling and Monte Carlo simulation of price processes and portfolios. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical high-performance trading applications. You will be responsible for software development through its lifecycle, from concept and design to coding, testing and software maintenance. You will also play a leading role, as part of a multidisciplinary team, to design and deliver trading software solutions to clients.
- Develop, debug and maintain trading applications in Python and MATLAB ecosystem.
- Design trading strategies and optimization models and algorithms and corresponding numeric code for different markets, e.g., normal and leveraged long and short selling in financial markets, or bidding in electricity markets.
- Investigate models performance and the behavior of input and output data.
- Perform quality assurance, devise testing procedures, analyze test results, and correct problems. Ensure system design and architecture are in compliance with specifications.
- Develop high quality professional code in compliance with best practices, with ample in-line documentation. Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Write and update technical documentation such as developers and users manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to understand clients business, data and requirements, and implement our trading models.
- Excellent knowledge of numeric analysis and methods, linear algebra, optimization, approximation, and corresponding toolboxes in Python or MATLAB.
- At least 3 years of experience in numeric coding in the Python or MATLAB ecosystem, well beyond simple scripting. Knowledge of vectorize coding is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving mindset and ability to read research literature to derive algorithms and code.
- Knowledge of financial engineering, trading, portfolio and risk methodologies is not required. But strong interest to learn and innovate is a must.
- Good knowledge of Python Django framework is of high value.
- Must be proficient in working with distributed teams in virtual meeting rooms.
- Must provide own work environment: Windows machine, highspeed Internet, and a quiet work area at home.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English are a must in order to work both with clients and team members.
- MSc and PhD in applied mathematics, physics, probability or engineering.