The ideal candidate is a strong UX/UI designer with a solid understanding of design principles. Additionally, you should be knowledgeable in areas that include visual design. In collaboration with our product managers, developers, and other stakeholders, you will help guide products from ideation to launch.
As a result, you are equally motivated by sharing your ideas and design decisions as you are receiving constructive feedback. As part of the Product team, you will help transform concepts and ideas into effective products and services that help students learn better. The role requires that you work with a cross functional team that includes engineering and marketing, as well as other areas of the business.Essential Functions
- Design user-centric solutions that are simple and effective; transforming ideas and concepts into storyboards, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity designs, and prototypes to help materialize and communicate the vision of the solution.
- Utilize an empathetic and user-centric mindset when developing designs and rapidly test and iterate.
- Communicate and present designs, design decisions, and show a willingness to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Leverage insights on user problems, user behavior, design principles, and business needs to create effective solutions.
- Conduct user interface research and design, asset production, and create strategic UI deliverables to help drive core concepts and to generate best-in-digital experiences.
- Collaborate with product managers and the development team to bring features to life, ensuring deliverables are in-line with users and business needs and detailed enough for implementation.
- At least 2-3 years experience as a UX/UI designer.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as user experience design, user interface design, graphic design, product design, or equivalent in work experience.
- Hands-on experience designing successful consumer-facing product experiences for desktop/mobile (responsive web and/or native apps) ideally for the Higher-Education/EdTech market.
- Strong grasp of design principles, including typography, color, imagery, and composition. Icon design and graphic skills are preferred.
- A current portfolio of design work that demonstrates a meticulous, thoughtful approach and attention to detail.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries.
- Ability to justify and effectively communicate design decisions.
- Highly collaborative and open to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Experience working with product managers to conduct user research and usability testing to optimize product experience. Have an eye for a simple and compelling user interface.
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Sketch, InVision or similar tools to create user interfaces.
- Ability to rapid prototype ideas with different levels of fidelity (sketch, whiteboard, wireframes, etc.) and test with users.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience working directly with developers, product managers, and other related stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic. Self-starting personality with the ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions; works well and stays focused under little supervision.
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) software development environment and JIRA.
- Experience working with external partners - research, design, and development agencies are a plus, though not required.
- This position will require some flexibility in your schedule to interact with the offshore team (early morning, late evening conference calls).