The Cosmetic R&D Formulation Chemist will be responsible for the development of new formulas and the improvement of existing formulas used in topical skincare products.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, well-organized chemist of beauty products who is passionate and knowledgeable about skincare.
Requirement and responsibilities;
• Technical knowledge of chemistry, polymers, colorants, emulsions, surfactants, and other raw materials used in the cosmetic industry
• Knowledge of Product aesthetic (viscosity, color, etc.), Product stability (i.e. tracking stability (texture, odor, pH, viscosity, etc.)), Product/package compatibility testing
• Develop, identify, and modify new and existing formulations and technologies for improved performance and/or cost reduction while keeping manufacturing feasibility in mind throughout the development process
• Overseeing scale-up and transfer from pilot to full production in a manufacturing setting when necessary
• Appropriate selection of raw materials and ensuring quality at source and all processes
• Research ingredients and understand each ingredient function and its eﬃcient use
• Interact with raw material vendors and other industry representatives to further expand on the understanding of their products
• Conduct GC (Gas chromatography) testing of raw materials.
• Perform all physical lab work required to blend, test and validate product formulations designed in the lab
• Accurate documentation and presentation of lab results and technical information
• Coordinate and manage formulation lab activities in support of the business needs
• Conduct method development and validation activities for in-house methods, ensuring methods in use meet regulatory guidelines
• Research current government and industry regulations and keep in mind throughout the development process
• Get all the relevant certifications and meet quality standards
• Coordinate with labs, Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR) for stability and other tests
Experience 3+ years of Experience as a Formulation Chemist in Research and development working on Cosmetic/personal care in the area of face products, skin care, haircare, personal care and innovative products
Skills & Competencies: Research, quality assurance, cosmetic product development background.
Functional Area: Research & Product
Preferably B.S-Applied Chemistry/ B.S- Chemistry