The Finance Assistant is responsible for accounting and documenting all financial transactions for the project including ensuring that all RI accounting procedures are followed; budgets are adhered to as well as investigated possible cases of fraud.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
· Prepare issues and sends out receipts, bills, policies, invoices, and statements as required.
· Prepare request for funds each month through close coordination with program and support staff.
· Checking of payroll and ensure its effective and accurate distribution to all staff on a monthly basis.
· Controlling the expenses in light of the approved budget by the donors
· Maintain manually working cash advance register as well as petty cash book.
· Ensure all backup documentation is properly organized and filed for complete transparency and audit purposes.
· Prepare financial forecast in order to clarify the financial standing of individual projects and the entire country program.
· Ensure all program and project staff are implementing RI field accounting policies accurately
· Checking and verification of all payment documents as per the RI policies and initiating payments.
· Assisting Finance officer in Preparation of monthly BvA’s
· Assisting in Preparation of banks reconciliation and other financial reports.
· Scanning & Uploading of all financial record on monthly bases.
· Knowledge of Accounting software’s are beneficial.
· Knowledge of withholding Tax deductions and process of submitting withholding tax statements.
· Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business management or similar and advanced university degree in Accounting & Finance, ACCA, ACMA Inter, CA preferred.
· More than 2 years relevant experience specially in NGO’ Sectors
· Good communication skills in English & Urdu
· Knowledge of computer (Ms. Office and other applications)
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
2) Transparency and Accountability
3) Agility and Innovation
Relief International entered in 2005 after a devastating earthquake where we were among the first organizations to respond. Today our programs focus on improving educational outcomes for vulnerable children. We collaborate with children's, students, parents, teachers, community leaders, and g ...
Relief International entered in 2005 after a devastating earthquake where we were among the first organizations to respond. Today our programs focus on improving educational outcomes for vulnerable children. We collaborate with children's, students, parents, teachers, community leaders, and g ...Read More