CEO & President / Deputy CEO / Vice President of the Bank
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is an integral member of the Bank's Board of Management, helping the Bank effectively measure, monitor and develop strategies to optimize its available assets and maximize its financial performance. The CFO partners with the CEO & President in the creation of the Bank's strategic plans, budgets, and key performance objectives, and takes a lead role in measuring and monitoring performance thereof.
The CFO also takes a lead role in managing the Bank's capital adequacy, asset liability management, liquidity position and investment portfolio. Along with the CEO & President, the CFO plays a lead role in managing investor and stakeholder relations.
The CFO directs and oversees the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting activities of the Bank, and manages the Bank's Finance Department.
CFO shall navigate effectively between the tactical and strategic, build and coach a growing team on complex tasks, deliver impeccable results on a tight deadline, anticipate and prepare for financial issues and needs.
- As a member of the Board of Management, takes an active role in planning, directing and overseeing all aspects of the Bank performance to achieve established goals.
- Manages the design and development of budgets, financial plans and financial forecasts; ensuring the alignment of financial resources with the Bank’s most critical strategic priorities. Assists the CEO & President in the development, tracking and reporting of strategic plans, profit plans and key performance objectives.
- Takes a lead role in managing the Bank’s capital adequacy, asset liability match, liquidity position and investment portfolio, as well as the formulation of policies and strategies governing these areas.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Bank (i.e. growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory interactions.
Financial data management, analyses and reporting
- Responsible for overall completeness, accuracy and integrity of the Bank’s financial records, reports and submissions to regulatory bodies.
- Takes a lead in ongoing assessment of the realization of business targets of the Bank. Designs and implements effective systems, report and models to measure and monitor the Bank’s performance across all business lines, departments and branches. Provides ongoing information, advice and support to the Members of the Management as they seek to maximize the Bank’s performance.
- Takes a lead in ensuring the Bank’s compliance with the IAS, including the implementation of IFRS 9 standard.
- Provides ongoing reports to the Management and Board of Supervisors detailing the Bank’s performance, and on any other areas related to the assigned responsibilities, as may be requested.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports.
- Supervising filing of statutory returns to regulatory authorities
- Ensures compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, sales tax, and employment taxes.
- Provides executive level oversight and support for the Finance Department. Oversee and support the activities of other operational areas, departments, and employees as assigned by the CEO & President.
- Serves on Management, ALCO, Investment, Credit and other internal committees of the Bank. Provides constructive input to strategic and tactical decisions taken.
- Guides the development and implementation of policies, procedures and internal controls affecting accounting, finance, investment, capital adequacy, liquidity, asset and liability management, financial reporting, accounts payable and other areas as needed. Ensures periodic and ad hoc reporting on the assigned responsibilities, as needed.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the Bank by way of systems that will improve its overall operations and effectiveness.
External / Stakeholder relations
- Play a lead role in investor and stakeholder relations, in conjunction with the CEO & President. Serves as a key point of contact for investors and stakeholders who seek additional information regarding the Bank.
- Maintain relations and coordinate with internal & external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Coordinate with appropriate legal counsel relating to financial and corporate governance compliance and risk assessment matters.
- Recommend and manage Bank relationship with outside financial consultants.
Ideal candidate shall demonstrate the following skills:
- Minimum ten years of total experience with the most recent eight years of relevant experience (in the financial fields with a reputable bank in a similar capacity or any other management level position).
- University degree (Master’s or above) and certificates to confirm his/her financial management skills with a preference in accounting or financial affairs and other related fields.
- Candidates with CPA/CBA/CIA/ACCA/CFE/CISA qualification will be given preference.
- Previous experience in budget, capital, investment, risk, financial analysis and accounting management.
- Necessary knowledge of international accounting standards.
- Good knowledge of the laws and regulations of financial sector of Afghanistan, including Banking and Tax Law.
- Impeccable ethics.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically. Problem-solving attitude.
- Good management skills in financial management and project management.
- Knowledge of financial software packages, excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrate initiative, self-confidence, excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Previous experience in managing a team and/or dealing with senior employees.
- Demonstrated experience in working on cross-functional teams, performing activities in geographically dispersed environment, providing internal training and coaching of peers.