In the area of Finance:
- Coordinate with the business team in the preparation of budgets and forecast reports.
- Also, to set commercial fixed costs budgets for each department and implement a control and monitoring mechanism
- Preparation of financial statements for senior management, stakeholders, and statutory reporting in compliance with the accounting & reporting developments in IFRS
- Ensure adherence to Group accounting policies and Internal control requirements for accounting and reporting;
- Preparation of Balance Sheet on month-end for senior management and for regional reporting purposes and analyzing and reasoning the major difference
- Preparing and Analysing receivables aging at month-end and identifying the reasons for the long outstanding balances.
- Assist in Audit to ensure adherence to Group timelines.
In the area of Taxation:
- Being the focal contact person for the Group and local management for all tax-related queries and issues;
- Communicating the amendments in indirect and direct tax laws and their impact
- Timely preparation, computation, and filing of income tax and Federal and Provincial sales tax returns;
- Meeting deadlines and other compliance requirements relating to tax matters;
- Preparing and submitting relevant details, documents and information to the tax authorities in response to notices received;
- Discussions with tax consultants and legal counsels on the new and disputed matters to reduce the tax exposure;
- To ensure keeping the relevant record in order to provide the same during tax assessments and audit proceedings;
- To prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- To recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- To summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- To substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- To maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- To guide accounting staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- To reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- To secure financial information by completing database backups.
- To maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- To prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- To answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- To comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and latest legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- To prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Financial and Corporate proposals and analysis
- Research on potential financial institutions and corporate banks
- Explore potential opportunities for expansion of Roots International Schools & Colleges (RISC) by developing comprehensive business proposals, grants, and plans
- Drafting Lease and/or rental agreements
- Preparing MOUs with potential partners
- Joint venture agreements with investors
- Service agreements with contractors and vendors etc
- Letter of Intents/Interest for Housing Societies: Refer to the Business development Directory
- Letter of Interest for universities/educational institutions
- Correspondences with CDA
- Letter drafting for any other joint venture
Awards & Recognition of RISC and CEO:
- Application preparations for FPCCI Award
- Application preparation for RCCI Award
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award with NFEH
- Education conferences and forums (National and International)
Funding & Grants:
- Research on funding opportunities
- Developing research proposals and grant applications for all RFPs and EOIs
- Submitting solicitations for small grants announced locally and/or internationally
- Submitting applications for consultancy assignments advertised by INGOs and/or UN agencies in Pakistan.
- National and International University Collaborations & Partnerships preparing applications, developing feasibility reports, drafting proposals and expression of interests
- Signing MOUs with International Universities to introduce new programs
- Approvals and Recognition from Higher Education Commission, HED, PIERA, PEC, and other relevant authorities
- Writing Letter of Intents to International and local universities for mutual collaborations
- Drafting & reviewing policies and procedures for RISC and MIUC
- CA or Master in Accounting & Finance
- Applicants must have eight years of post-qualification experience in the field of Finance and Accounts with; (a) Minimum of five years of finance and audit experience with the Recognized National or International Firms;
- Auditing experience of any reputed educational institution
MBA-Finance/Accounting, ICMA (Finalist), Chartered Accountants, CA-Inter