To carry out skilled work as a Lathe turner. To operate the Lathe machine to perform the allotted tasks.
· Selecting the cutting tools for machining operations using a conventional lathe machine.
· Responsible for the proper operation of the lathe machine so that the required parts are manufactured correctly.
· Mounting and dismounting workpieces on/from lathe machine.
· Performing roughing and finishing operations
· Carrying out maintenance of turning lathe and tools
· Cleaning turning lathe and work area, e.g. removing chips
· Ensure compliance with quality standards, policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
Successful lathe operators also demonstrate the following skills and qualifications: