1. Provide information for patient diagnosis and treatment by performing laboratory tests.
2. Receiving and testing blood, body fluids and urine specimens.it also includes stool, semen analysis, pus culture specimens. Additionally pap smear, cytology, biopsy, slides, stones and block are being examined as well.
3. Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling, sorting specimens, checking labeling, logging specimens, arranging reports for delivery and keeping work surface clean and orderly.
4. Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting, calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures, monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
5. Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training, answering questions of other professionals, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
6. Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse.
7. Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
8. Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
9. Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
10. Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
11. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
12. Enhances laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
13. Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
14. Maintains patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
15. Must ensure privacy and safety of patients.
16. Must ensure personal safety and safety of equipment.
17. Follow SOPs of laboratory.
18. Do any other task assigned by the Director and management
Distributor for leading health care brands for intervention cardiology, cardiac surgery and medical equipment. We deal in medical supplies and medical equipment. We cater to not only private medical institutions, but also provide supplies to governmental hospitals.