Reports To: Supervisor
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Customer Success Manager is a key strategic role within the company, the successful candidate will be a customer focussed individual who is motivated and engaged by providing service excellence to our clients.
The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for providing market-leading service and will ensure that our clients receive maximum value by enabling them to fully leverage products and services on an ongoing basis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build strong credible relationships with our clients by supporting them to optimise and maximize their return on investment (ROI) from our offering
- Act as the “voice of the customer” internally and use this valuable feedback/insights to drive the customer experience
- Actively organize and manage operational and strategic business reviews with management
- Monitor and measure customer satisfaction and take proactive action to remedy any concerns
- Continually improve your knowledge of both the company offerings and the customer’s business/industry to ensure that you are delivering the best possible service
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure client needs are being met; coordinating the service provided by Onboarding, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product
- Partner with Sales to manage customer success metrics and expectations
- Analyze and monitor customer data to draw insights and optimizations, communicating those findings to clients and adjusting campaigns for better performance (if required)
Skills, Expertise and Qualifications -
- Experience with business process optimization, implementation, and organizational change management efforts.
- Demonstrated understanding of the operations business drivers, operational issues, expected and actual benefits, challenges, and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions to drive performance through own initiatives and working with others.
- Proven experience leading, coaching, and inspiring others.
- Openness to travel and desire to go to the field when needed.
- Self-motivated, organized, and entrepreneurial; able to prioritize competing initiatives.
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities; able to deal with ambiguity.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution. Consideration will be given to candidates without a 4-yr degree that have proven well optimization expertise and leadership experience.
- 2+ years experience in production operations and/or engineering with an E&P or service provider.
- Six Sigma or other process improvement equivalent certification is a plus.
- Proactive, positive, self-starter and team player with a skill of continually improving processes
- Ability to work in a team-based, collaborative environment and a passion for contributing to the creation of a world-class customer success function
- Capability to communicate brand/products effectively and clearly both cross-functionally (sales, product, marketing) and to external customers over multiple media
- Track record of working in a customer-facing environment and developing/driving initiatives to ensure or improve upon a customer’s ROI with our services
- Ability to digest complex data and relay it to customers in a manageable, clear and concise way
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills including small to medium groups
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high-level customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment
Key Measures and Targets
- Timely escalation and resolution of Customer queries
- No. opportunities passed to Business Development and Account Managers
- No. of membership and subscription renewals
- Completion of bespoke customer engagement plans
- No. effective Customer engagements
- Positive feedback on any Customer Satisfaction Survey issued
- Activity/usage levels over an Accounts Duration
Reasons to consider NOT taking this role:
- We are an early-stage company and you will be the first CSM in our company.
- Everything will start from scratch!
- Although we will be there to assist as much as possible, there are a lot of moving pieces that need attention right now. Sometimes you'll be given a high-level objective and will need to figure out a plan to execute - because we trust that you will do your best without much supervision.
- We work long hours and have high expectations.
- Our team is small yet, and currently working remotely. There won’t be as much engagement, although everyone is super friendly.
- Our training program is currently being redesigned, hence the training process might not be the idol one right now.
- You will be expected to start working practically very soon.