Job Title: Head of Engineering
Reports to: CIO
Summary of the Role:
The Head of Engineering is a leadership role accountable for the successful delivery of software and IT support infrastructure. HoE will run all of the engineering activities and projects within an organization and will make sure these are aligned with the established policies and objectives of the organizations.
Managing a team of developers and IT specialists, the HoE will work closely with the CIO, the Manager Engineering, the Manager DevOps and other Key Managers of the company in order to deliver software and IT services that meet user needs.
The HoE will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic, software and IT architecture vision and leadership and all aspects of the development of the software.
- Lead and manage the Software Development, DevOps, Database and IT teams to deliver architecture, software and infrastructure that meets the product feature requirements as well as technical quality requirements.
- Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for the company.
- Ensure delivery consistent with Agile processes across the team.
- Work effectively with the Product Manager to ensure delivery against agreed priorities.
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all engineering activities.
- Accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of engineering (architecture, software, infrastructure, deployments).
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure.
- Understanding the use cases (and/or user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for the products/features to be built.
- At least 15 years of working experience in a senior frontend or backend development position, preferably working up to a level where you have designed architecture for front-end (web, mobile) and backend. At least 5 years of Executive level experience for FULL STACK is mandatory.
- Must have delivered a cloud-based enterprise-grade product for B2B sales for the US and Europe. We are not looking for someone who has delivered consulting projects for clients but works for a product company.
- Must have had vast experience in software engineering, software development and experience working with numerous software-industry business models.
- Must have a demonstrated experience in the management of a frontend or backend team.
- Must have a proven track record of consistent feature delivery, designing and developing complex, interactive consumer software.
- Must have had vast experience in agile development practices and architectural knowledge of both web-based and backend technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and different product such as EC2, S3, RDS, Lamda, etc.
Education, Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven FULL STACK skill set.
- Strong understanding of the Agile software development cycle.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
- An understanding of databases.
- Demonstrable and substantial experience in leading and managing teams of software developers.
- Hands-on experience of coding using more than one recognized industry standard language (e.g. Java, PHP, C++, .Net, C#).
- Ability to envision and deliver software solutions that meet user needs and/or solve business problems.
- Strong grip over Linux Operating System and Command Line Interface.
- Self-Motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good command of English, and the ability to read and write documentation well.
- Works well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.