Reports To: Supervisor, Senior Engineer Lead
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. He/she will be helping us with company’s product development process, debugging, and applying effective tests and procedures before a product launches in order to make sure that the software runs smoothly.
Develop and improve our framework and help develop our front-end and back-end products and features of including but not limited to:
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC, STLC, QC, QA process, methodologies, tools, Agile/Scrum development process is a must.
- Identifying web application weaknesses and target areas.
- Sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures.
- Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas.
- Non-Functional testing which includes Performance/Stress/Load through J meter or any other automated tool will be a plus point.
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications.
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures
- Troubleshooting the Failure in the Executed Script(s) / Test Suit(s) and Suggest the Correct System Implementation.
- Having profound knowledge of Database and API Testing.
- Must have Sound knowledge of Tracking and Tracing Health Report of Bugs through Automation.
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Understand system requirements, proactively find answers to questions, understand the impact of proposed changes, define QA scope, and create test plans.
- Write and execute automated and manual test plans against business requirements, and verify applications.
- Quickly identify bugs or issues, communicate them to developers, and assist in tracking down their cause
- Assist in defining our QA methodology and processes.
- Continuously work on implementing process improvements and contribute to our in-house automation testing frameworks.
- Create new automated scripts and other methods to prevent bugs before and during deployment.
- Consistently meet project deadlines.
- Work as an integral part of a Scrum team to sequence testing activity and deploy code to production.
Skills and Expertise:
- 3+ years of enterprise-level experience.
- 1+ years of experience in API testing, Web Services, REST API.
- Experience with API testing tools: Postman or similar tools.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Ability to write and execute test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
- Solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL, and PostgreSQL) and No-SQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience with Git (BitBucket) and the concept of pull requests etc.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment and understanding of the Agile methodology, SCRUM and sprints.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Performs well under pressure and excels at time management with the ability to complete tasks within aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical degree is a plus.
Reasons to consider NOT taking this role:
● We are an early-stage company and you will be one of our very few developers.
● Everything will start from scratch!
● Although we will be there to assist as much as possible, there are a lot of moving pieces that need attention right now. Sometimes you'll be given a high-level objective and will need to figure out a plan to execute - because we trust that you will do your best without much supervision.
● We work long hours and have high expectations.
● Our team is small yet, and currently working remotely. There won’t be as much engagement, although everyone is super friendly.