Major job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Remote maintenance and performance tuning of dedicated servers running Linux operating systems.
- Managing AWS (S3, EC2, EBS, VPC, ELB, SNS, SQS, SES, Redshisft, Route53)
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Perform daily backup operations, Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers/cloud instances and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Monitor network to ensure 24x/7 availability to all running systems.
- Can Handle highly confidential information/material.
We require a person who can rate himself at least 8/10 or higher for these skills:
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) and FreeBSD administration.
- AWS and other cloud services.
- Bind, SAMBA, NFS, Squid and SVN.
- Scripting skills (Perl, Bash, Python etc.)
- MySQL database administration
- NoSQL Databases e.g. Casandra, Mongo.
- Automation Tools e.g. Puppet, Chef.
- Installation, administration and securing web servers e.g Apache, Nginx etc.
- Web & Database load balancing (Hardware Load Balancers, HA Proxy)
- Web Application Optimization (CDN, Varnish etc.)
- Mail Servers e.g. Postfix, Sendmail etc.
- Firewalls (Cisco, PF, IPTables, pfSense etc.)