Job Title: Technical Lead
Reports To: CEO / Technical Project Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
We are searching for an innovative technical lead to join our company. As the technical lead, you will oversee the company’s technical team and all projects they undertake, analyze briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, troubleshoot technical issues that involve software development, engineering tasks and product releases. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals. To be successful as a technical lead, you should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. Outstanding technical leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
A technical lead needs to have a great deal of professional experience in software development and a deep understanding of technology, but they should also be personable and capable enough to effectively lead a team and collaborate with others.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hiring and training technical personnel
- Delegating work and assignments to team members
- Collaborating with their team to identify and fix technical problems
- Analyzing users' needs and then finding applications to serve them
- Creating end goals for their team
- Checking that software and applications are updated
- Supervising system modifications
- Conducting security audits to identify areas of improvement Guiding their team through technical issues and challenges
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to a standard, maintain quality over quantity
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
Skills, Expertise and Qualifications -
- Tech Lead should inspire all the other team members, a Lead who is looked upon by all the members
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Relevant Management certification may be required
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients
- Excellent communication, motivational, multitasker and interpersonal skills
Technical Lead Skills:
Programming Languages: PHP, Java, Python, PL/SQL
Data Stores: SQL Server 2005/2008R2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS-Access,
ORM: RedBeanPHP, Eloquent ORM, Doctrine ORM, Propel, Medoo
Web Framework::Laravel, Shopify
AWS: S3, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Elasti-Cache, EC2, Lambda, Kinesis Analytics
Source Control: Git, SVN 1.6.6, TFS 2015, Visual Source Safe, Stash, GitHub, BitBucket
Tools: PHPStorm, PyCharm, Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA, Confluence, JIRA,
Docker, Postman, Fiddler, FileZilla, Balsamiq Mockup
Messaging / Streaming: RabbitMQ, EasyNetQ, Apache Kafka, Apache Flink
Reasons to consider NOT taking this role:
- We are an early-stage company and you will be one of our very few developers.
- You will be filling the shoes of our previous Technical Lead. This will require major understanding for adapting to the work already done and in-progress.
- Although we will be there to assist as much as possible, there are a lot of moving pieces that need attention right now. Sometimes you'll be given a high-level objective and will need to figure out a plan to execute - because we trust that you will do your best without much supervision.
- We work long hours and have high expectations.
- Our team is small yet, and currently working remotely. There won’t be as much engagement on a personal level, although everyone is super friendly.
- We have strict deadlines to meet and require all sorts of support.