The Veterinary Receptionist primary duty is interacting with clients and coordinating
Communication between doctors, assistants and the clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide top-notch customer service.
• Being attentive to client and pet needs.
• Identify and work compassionately with clients in various emotional states.
• Work patiently with distressed, frustrated or disgruntled clients.
• Answer and triage phone calls from clients.
• Schedule appointments and schedule procedures.
• Check-in clients.
• Monitor client flow from check-in to discharge.
• Monitor schedule and flow.
• Client call backs.
• Managing record requests between other hospitals and specialty practices.
• Fill prescriptions.
• Discharge patients.
• Client education.
• Process payment transactions.
• Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical record.
• Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or management.
• Computer skills: Able to use Windows based computer systems, word processing, email,
web search and other skills needed to effectively use the practice management software
• Graduate / Diploma
• At least 1 year of customer service job-related experience.
• Basic math and writing skills.
Receptionists must possess good critical thinking and problem solving skills, compassion, a
positive attitude, follow-through and excellent communication and teamwork skills. Multitasking and accepting constructive criticism is essential. Punctuality is expected.
This job description does not necessarily cover every task or duty that might be assigned.
There may be additional responsibilities assigned as necessary.