The Organizational Development (OD) Manager position acts as organizational development liaison and advisor to the organization's leadership and facilitates the organization's initiatives across the organization. The OD manager plans, develops, implements and administers HR programs for company employees. This position is also responsible for development and integration of HR programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and objectives.
The job responsibilities of Manager OD include, but not limited to:
- Identifies/incorporates best practices and lessons of modern OD methods & theories.
- To contribute research, analysis and ideas to the development of HR strategy in order to ensure that OD initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with strategic and business goals.
- Contribute to OD capability development for key stakeholders (including HR, business leaders, initiative owners) including design and delivery of OD and Change Management playbooks and other support materials
- Use change methodology and interventions to embed effective change management throughout the organization, resulting in greater impact, adoption and value realization of key initiatives
- To design and deliver OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions that support a high performing organization; to include initiatives which foster a high-performance culture, where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm.
- To identify opportunities for performance improvement through, for example, undertaking internal diagnosis, process/system reviews in order to understand barriers and possible solutions; conducting external research into good practice and new ideas.
- Participate as a core team member on large scale organizational transformation initiatives, partnering with business and HR leaders to lead OD & Change workstreams within broader, more complex initiatives
- To work with line managers on the design and delivery of appropriate and relevant Personal Development Plans for their staff; to commission and evaluate agreed internally-delivered interventions and to ensure best use development budgets.
- Leverage organization effectiveness design methodology and interventions to support HR and business leaders in making informed, effective decisions around structures and processes
- To support specific performance improvement initiatives, e.g. through the implementation of a new behavioral competency framework.
- To lead on the development of a staff skills and knowledge database in order to maximize the diverse talents of the organization.
- To commission and manage additional internal or external resources as and when required in order to ensure cost-effective delivery of agreed OD initiatives.
- To design and facilitate in-house events/training (e.g. workshops, away days) for management & employees.
- Make assessments of effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
- Trains employees on HR issues and practices.