This position is responsible to prevent wastages and inefficiencies in production processes. The industrial engineer should design an efficient system that integrates workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make the product. To suggest equipment design/production layout to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards.
- To conduct the time and motion study of all operations happening in the Production department and eliminate non-productive elements from each operation.
- To calculate the exact standard time for each operation by implementing time and motion study tools and implement it for increasing productivity / efficiency.
- To suggest the standard working method practices and required procedures for doing particular operations to get the maximum utilization from workers without fatigue.
- To improve the production efficiency and revised the targets of the production department.
- To design the layout of the production floor as per the operation sequence in coordination with the production department to reduce the material handling time and cost between operations and maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space.
- To increase the labor productivity with revised operation target strategy and get their maximum efforts to accomplish the assign improved target.
- To implement the required set of lean tools in the production department to reduce wastage in the process and make sure best practices are being followed in the production department.
- To reduce the direct labor manufacturing cost by suggesting new updated latest machinery/equipment or method for a particular production process where ever it is needed.
At least a Bachelors's degree in Industrial Engineering with more than 06 Years of relevant experience in Large Manyfacturing Concern only.