The Legal Manager will report to the Head of the department.
This position will look after all the legal matters of the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To draft and negotiate the legal and financial terms of a contract.
- To mitigate all legal risks involved during and after the execution of a contract.
- To take the advice of external legal counsels before the execution of a contract.
- To have sufficient knowledge of civil and criminal laws/procedures.
- To effectively manage the cases at different legal foram.
- To engage external legal counsels.
- To appraise the management on the ongoing progress of all the cases.
- To manage the IP Portfolio of the company.
- To effectively follow up the process of registration of trademark and copyright.
- To timely prepare and file opposition/objection against trademark/copyright applied by other parties, which may hurt the legitimate interests of the company.
- To prepare letters/documents for tackling the menace of counterfeiting of trademarks of the company.
- To provide internal legal advice on different issues raised by the management and by different departments of the company.
- To take advice from external legal counsel, if required.
- To conduct policy work of the tobacco sector, specifically related to the annual budget of the country.
- To monitor amendments in the relevant laws governed by the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR), Ministry of Health etc.
- To attend meetings at FBR, Standing Committees etc. and to present the viewpoint of the company on different policy issues.
- To provide input in preparing proposal by the company for the annual budget of the country.
- Any other task assigned by the management from time to time.
Master of Laws degree (preferably from abroad having common law jurisdiction)
Minimum 8 years of professional experience.
The incumbent should be enrolled with the Bar Council / Association.