Secours Islamique France (SIF) founded in 1991 is an international Non Governmental solidarity Organization acting in the fields of humanitarian and development aid, in France and worldwide. Working in the field for over 20 years, Secours Islamique France is now active in more than twenty countries, mainly in three sectors: water and sanitation, food security, and childhood. Teams of employees and volunteers working for Secours Islamique France also play an active role in France, fighting against exclusion and insecurity by various means. Alongside its operational aid activities, Secours Islamique France has developed an ability to advocate in order to bear witness and to alert the international community about the living conditions of the most vulnerable. SIF is dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor in France and around the world, while respecting cultural diversity without making any distinction based on origins, political affiliations, gender or beliefs, and without expecting anything in return. It intervenes where humanitarian and social needs require emergency mobilization of relief efforts as well as the implementation of development programs and advocacy actions. SIF is present in Pakistan since 2010 and currently working in three districts (Tharparkar in Sindh, Peshawar & FATA in KP and Islamabad/Rawalpindi in Punjab).
Based in Tharparkar Sindh under the supervision of Base Program Manager, Admin/Finance officer is overall responsible for all financial management and administration related tasks. He/she is an expert in NGO Administration and Financial management of operational program.
- Part of the finance team, as a key player ;
- The Senior Finance and admin officer by assisting Admin and finance coordinator is overall responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, Finalizing the payroll, financial reports, follow ups and administration and managing expats visas.
- Performing all actions and producing all documents, feedbacks and links that will allow the SIF to achieve its objectives and provide self-audit and monitoring capacity.
Objective 1: Accounting and invoices & Allowance Payment:
· Prepare the Financial follow-up of SIF activities (expenses follow-up, budget follow-up)
· Maintain up-to date knowledge of and implement national government requirements and regulations related to financial matters such as income tax, Sales Taxes social security, etc
· Monthly closure of the accounts (Check all invoices and writings, prepare the final excel file, match advances and group invoices, import the accounting in Saga).
· Preparation of Monthly Closing Documents (Inventories, Bank Reconciliation, etc)
· Ensure the respect of the procedures before any payment (validation form, etc)
· Review all the payments documents for proper coding and supporting documents.
· Prepare sending of accountancy archives to headquarters (edit packing list, follow up listing of archives)
· Supervises the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission to the HQ.
Objective 2: Managing the Cashflow:
· Management of the Cashbox (Check the invoices, Process all advances, all payments, enter the information needed in the cashbook, daily/monthly inventory, weekly/monthly check, etc).
· Prepare the Cash flow forecast after validation of Project.
· Submit the cash forecast on HQ format to Admin Coordinator after consultation with other department
· Record and follow up all administrative expenses in the Monthly Expenses Follow-up.
· Cross check the monthly payroll for all staff.
· Organize and ensure the withdrawals from the bank, the money changing and transfers to field bases
· Follow-up all documents concerning the bank (local funds received, transfer request letters, etc.).
· Ensures good relations with the bank, investigates and acts as an advice about bank procedures.
· Prepares requests for the bank (financial operations, administrative management of SIF accounts).
Objective 3: Tax Management
· Ensure that withholding Income & Sales Tax deductions are as per Govt of Pakistan rules and deposited to Government
· Deduct Withholding Taxes and submit to Government as per Government Rules.
· Ensure that monthly withholding Taxes returns submitted to Govt. on time.
· Ensure that filing of annual Tax return along with filing of annual accounts to Govt.
Objective 4: Payroll Management
· Work with HR department for processing of Monthly Payroll
· Ensure the Salary charging is correctly done
· Deduct salary tax on staff salaries and gratuity
· Properly maintain the Gratuity sheet
Objective 5: Internal and External Audits
· Assist Admin Coordinator in Preparation of the financial reporting and audit documentation.
· Ensure Internal control audits, and initiate and implement actions necessary to correct weaknesses.
· Perform physical Inventory check of all offices after every six months or at least annually.
Objective 6: Report
· Assist in closing of accounts and preparation of monthly expense report.
· Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and reports
· Assist Admin Coordinator in donour reporting
Objective 7: External Gov. Dealing:
· Coordinate with Economic Affair Division & Interior Ministry to get organization MOU and Expatriate Visas.
· Provide the necessary information to Administrative Coordinator to ensure compliance with National regulations with respect to administrative matters (e.g. registration, taxation and labour laws), especially when changes occurs in the procedures.
· Manage, follow-up and report to Coordinator Administrator the legal procedures and documents requirements (visa, stay permit, travel permit, departure and arrival procedures) for all national and international staff.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance. Partially CA, ICMA or ACCA qualified.
· Advanced Diploma in Accounting from College/Institutions preferred.
· Minimum of Five years of experience in a finance role.
· Good computer skills; word, excel, PowerPoint and database ;
· Very good communication skills and team player, as well as ability to work individually ;
· Fluency in English language is required
· Demonstrated organizational ability is strongly desire;
· Ability to liaise with national authorities, NGO’s and other agencies
· Able to work independently, make decisions and exhibit flexibility.
· Flexibility and adaptability is required ;
We are equal opportunity employer.
Hiring for this position is contingent/subject to donor funding.
"SIF Mission Pakistan endevour to protect all from of exploitation and abuse outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). Secours Islamique France has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’